5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram beats Silverado in sales through the 1st Quarter of this year

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I think they really should just combine the Chevy and GMC sales together to get a true picture since they are essentially the same truck guts. If you look at it like that then RAM, although trending in the right direction, is still behind.

Truckin

Reaction score
I think they really should just combine the Chevy and GMC sales together to get a true picture since they are essentially the same truck guts. If you look at it like that then RAM, although trending in the right direction, is still behind.
You might be surprised at the number of consumers who think they are totally different vehicles...

Barney556180

Reaction score
You might be surprised at the number of consumers who think they are totally different vehicles...

GM is putting a lot of effort in differentiating the two. The brands are materially evolving more distinct styling, interiors, features, and marketing positions. No longer twins, but more first cousins.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
GM is putting a lot of effort in differentiating the two. The brands are materially evolving more distinct styling, interiors, features, and marketing positions. No longer twins, but more first cousins.

This.

I used to work at Aisin which at the time made the door frames for various vehicles. Even back then, though the frame was exactly the same, the material they used, the oil they used was actually different. It might be the same guts, but they did have some distict differences and that was 12 years ago.

Today, it's probably more further apart.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive seen a few of each on the road recently. The GMC isn't bad, but the Chevy is butt-ugly.

Jackham

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way. What would happen if RAM decided to have a whole different sheet metal truck with essentially same under pinnings, result, more sales. This discussion has gone on for years with Ford vs Chevy and GMC. Overall result. Just what I said. I know guys with GMCs that wouldn't shake hands with a Chevy driver.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
By looks alone, its obvious Ram has the best looking truck out there. Even my Chevy buddies say that (they own older trucks). I was the first 19 1500 at work (1300ish employees) and now I've seen 4 more just on my side of the plant. Have only seen one new Chevy and maybe one f150 as far as brand new. Ram is changing the game IMG_20190401_190352_854.jpg

DM-SC

Reaction score
By looks alone, its obvious Ram has the best looking truck out there. Even my Chevy buddies say that (they own older trucks). I was the first 19 1500 at work (1300ish employees) and now I've seen 4 more just on my side of the plant. Have only seen one new Chevy and maybe one f150 as far as brand new. Ram is changing the game View attachment 21105
Similar to where I work.

I'm one of two 2019 Rams. Only one brand new F150. The one new Chevy is a left over 2018. No 2019 GM trucks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By looks alone, its obvious Ram has the best looking truck out there. Even my Chevy buddies say that (they own older trucks). I was the first 19 1500 at work (1300ish employees) and now I've seen 4 more just on my side of the plant. Have only seen one new Chevy and maybe one f150 as far as brand new. Ram is changing the game View attachment 21105
I agree. Best looking trucks by far. I like my truck. I want to love it. But I’ve had it at the dealer more times in the past week then I did in three years with my 2015 GMC. Hopefully not signs of things to come. It’s got me a little nervous. I was hesitant to buy a Chrysler (FCA, whatever) product because their reputation for lack of quality precedes them. Drivetrain, ride quality, interior quality, design. all top notch. However, two recalls, side view mirror falling off...front bumper mounted crooked..Uconnect bugs that they can’t seem to get a handle on.. all stupid QC issues that are totally avoidable, totally annoying and very frustrating. Not to mention the intermittent drone sounds / vibrating and humming, all this stuff adds up. Yes, everything is covered under warranty, but I don’t want to spend my life at the dealership and have to keep taking time off work to do so.

Jackham

Reaction score
I agree. Best looking trucks by far. I like my truck. I want to love it. But I’ve had it at the dealer more times in the past week then I did in three years with my 2015 GMC. Hopefully not signs of things to come. It’s got me a little nervous. I was hesitant to buy a Chrysler (FCA, whatever) product because their reputation for lack of quality precedes them. Drivetrain, ride quality, interior quality, design. all top notch. However, two recalls, side view mirror falling off...front bumper mounted crooked..Uconnect bugs that they can’t seem to get a handle on.. all stupid QC issues that are totally avoidable, totally annoying and very frustrating. Not to mention the intermittent drone sounds / vibrating and humming, all this stuff adds up. Yes, everything is covered under warranty, but I don’t want to spend my life at the dealership and have to keep taking time off work to do so.
You see Moosem the problem is as I peruse the forums I do not find this to be common at all. So just sayin....

I hope the moderators feel this is a fair statement as the are King God almighty.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really? Nobody on this forum complains about quality issues? Interesting. We’re getting off topic anyway. My fault actually. I’ll save my complaints for the, literally, HUNDREDS of posts dedicated specifically to complaints about quality!

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Original article has been updated with Fords numbers that were released today.

Jackham

Reaction score
Really? Nobody on this forum complains about quality issues? Interesting. We’re getting off topic anyway. My fault actually. I’ll save my complaints for the, literally, HUNDREDS of posts dedicated specifically to complaints about quality!
Yes really. At 1300 trucks a day coming off the line there are actually very few problems. Forums magnify the issue. To add to the problem is guys who sign up with different names.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes really. At 1300 trucks a day coming off the line there are actually very few problems. Forums magnify the issue. To add to the problem is guys who sign up with different

There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look, i like the truck don't get me wrong. However, my own personal experience is multiple issues with quality. Amd plenty of other posters have expressed similar complaints. Period. That is a fact.

Jackham

Reaction score
Look, i like the truck don't get me wrong. However, my own personal experience is multiple issues with quality. Amd plenty of other posters have expressed similar complaints. Period. That is a fact.
Well it is called math. And that is a left brain activity. Then there is you appropriately pissed, which is a right brain activity. Hence. No connection. But math wins.

Jackham

Reaction score
Yes I was elated. And personally, coming from a 2011 Ford SC long box 4X4 ecoboost that has been great through 180,000 miles....I think Ford should be very worried. They are faced with a dilemma. Their interior is pleasing, though uninspired, yet liked by a great many. So they know they have to up their game but anytime you approach a major update on a vehicle generally liked it is fraught with peril.

Users who are viewing this thread