5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Limited interior Rebel Exterior

kiwigips

Reaction score
Im in the market for a new Ram 1500 but the perfect configuration does not exist. The ideal truck would have a Limited trim interior with all the options (deployable running boards, surround cameras, fully loaded etc) but a Rebel exterior look: lift, sport hood, front grille, bumpers, wheels.
Is it possible to create a custom factory build that would add the exterior look of the rebel to the Limited? Are there reputable aftermarket shops that can place factory Rebel parts onto the Limited edition?
Thanks!

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Im in the market for a new Ram 1500 but the perfect configuration does not exist. The ideal truck would have a Limited trim interior with all the options (deployable running boards, surround cameras, fully loaded etc) but a Rebel exterior look: lift, sport hood, front grille, bumpers, wheels.
Is it possible to create a custom factory build that would add the exterior look of the rebel to the Limited? Are there reputable aftermarket shops that can place factory Rebel parts onto the Limited edition?
Thanks!
Why not just buy a limited with the ORP package? Toss on the Rebel bumpers and a sport hood. I'm sure you could sell the factory equipment to make up the cost.
The 2020 Rebel can get a black interior now, but still won't have some of the options the limited edition has.

kiwigips

Reaction score
Is a lift included with the ORP?
Where would i source the Rebel parts?
Correct, The missing premium options on the Rebel/better limited leather are the reason for this conversion.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Is a lift included with the ORP?
Where would i source the Rebel parts?
Correct, The missing premium options on the Rebel/better limited leather are the reason for this conversion.
Yes, Off Road Package includes a lift. I've seen the sport hoods unpainted on eBay already. Bumpers you would probably have to get from the dealer. Also the grill, the headlights, and the portions just below the headlights on the Rebel are different than on the limited.

Seems like a lot of work to make a limited look like a Rebel. Oh, and the de-chroming, then there is the wheels too. A few posts here have the wheels for sale.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
If you were wanting the "look" of the Rebel...kind of. You could always look into the ORP mentioned above on a Limited Black Out Edition. The BOE does not have all the chromes pieces, doesn't have the Rebel grill or bumpers, nor the wheels...BUT it does come with the sport hood already. Only other thing is it only comes in Black as you would imagine.

If you went this route you would really only need the Rebel wheels and maybe bumpers. As stated above you cannot change our the grill on a Limited for ANY other grill due to the headlights on the Limited...but the Limited headlights are AMAZING and worth not being able to switch the grill.

Other option would be to get a regular Limited BOE and then add the Day Star kit plus leveling links and the Rebel wheels.

I agree with everyone above that changing a Limited to look like a Rebel would be pricey, but hey its your money and no one should tell you how to spend it. Modding cars/trucks is a disease and we all pay the price...especially if you frequent the forums which provide WAY to many great ideas/ways to spend your money on mods.

If this actually happens I'd love to see this truck.

kiwigips

Reaction score
Great idea on the Black package, that handles the most important visual elements, all that remains is achieving the Rebels height. However, its not possible to select both the Black and ORP packages. With those two packages all that would be needed are some 33” on/off tires to have the same height as the Rebel if its correct that the ORP provides the same lift.
Can the dealer add the ORP, request a custom factory build?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I would bet that the ORP will be coming as an option for the BOE. If not, it seems there are a lot having success with the Daystar/Links. Of course that means you have modified the vehicle...seems that is not something you are wanting to do and to keep 100% OEM. Would be nice if Mopar would make available a 3/1 factory air ride lift...doubt it will happen due to towing and MPG requirements.

kiwigips

Reaction score
To summarize currently:
The Black appearance package solves the look problem as the limited grill in black is just as good as the rebel.

Remaining is the truck height. The Rebel looks a lot taller than a standard 1500. Is all that accomplished by a 1” lift and 1” larger tire? Seems to be about 6” taller in the showroom than a non ORP limited.

Im not in Ram country so the dealers here are not versed in the higher trim packages, most get sold as work trucks. Hence its difficult to see the truck in person and obtain information.

kiwigips

Reaction score
Below are tire sizes for the limited with various packages and the Rebel.

Ram limited 275/55R20 31.9”
Limited black 285/45R22 32.1”
Limited orp 275/55R20 32.1”
Rebel tire 275/70R18 33.2”

Whats the max tire diameter that can fit on a limited with a Black package? A set of Nitto ridge grapler 285/50R22 is 33.5” in diameter.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Rebel in the showroom may have been set to Offroad Level 2 on the suspension setting compared to the Limited which could have been set at Normal or lower possibly. I haven't had a chance to compare my limited side-by-side with a Rebel so I am really not sure on the suspension upgrades for the Rebel. Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge on the Rebel will post here.

Oliver392

Reaction score
Have you seen the Rebel 12 interior package? It includes "Luxury Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats". I test drove a Rebel with that package and it really was quite nice. For other reasons, I ended up ordering a Limited.

rlc2020

Reaction score
If you want it to look like a Rebel then get a Rebel 12 with every option and you would be close to a limited. You can switch out the red trim pieces on the interior if you prefer that. Seems much easier than trying to convert a limited to a Rebel.

Downytide

Reaction score
You can get 2020 Rebel with 12 U connect leather and sound package, and the "night" package that makes the interior all black.

I think with safety package you get front camera as well, but to be honest with the front parking sensors I get by just fine even in city parking.

kiwigips

Reaction score
Ill take a fully loaded 2020 Limited with the Black package and if they are unable to also add the off road package(because im unable on ramtrucks.com) ill just request a ~1 lift and larger tires to be done after the purchase.
The rebel interior does not work for me, and a lifted limited with a sport hood looks just as good.
Thanks for the help everyone!

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
You can fit 35's on a Limited with stock air suspension. I have 33's. And with the air suspension I have about 5" of height adjustment, although you can't run fast in Off Road 2 mode (the highest setting). 20181223_114518.jpg

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Bump...

I'm looking at 325/50R22 Nitto Terra Grapplers. The diameter will be 34.8 x 12.8 width. Has anyone tried this size?
This size is 2.6" bigger in diameter and 1.6" wider than OEM.

kiwigips

Reaction score
Mopar has a 2" lift kit which can be a substitute for the factory ORP and will provide more room for a larger tire.

kiwigips

Reaction score
The mopar lift is not compatible with air suspension which disqualifies it for the Limited. Is there anything else available?

Stickerhead

Reaction score
So the Rebel hood will fit my Limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread