5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 fuel door

country4life

Reaction score
Hi I was getting gas and accidentally backed into the fuel door could it of loosend it up or damaged the hinge ?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only you would know. Just look at it, does it still lock? We can't tell you as we cannot see it.

country4life

Reaction score
Yeah it still locks just wondering if it could of loosend it up or are they made to have a bit of play for if a guy like me bumped into it lol
Is the hinge replaceable if it was broken or you need a whole new fuel door ?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on the responses, I need to agree with Manny that only you will know if the door is damaged.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine's plastic. It pops right off. Knocked mine off sitting a DEF jug on it....

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Post a pic how to remove it
Post a pic or video of what you're talking about so people can understand exactly what you are talking about so better advice can be given to you regarding the problem you're having, if in fact you are having a problem

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Post a pic how to remove it

Just a pic I had about the diesel cap, but shows the hinge area.
20200809_105243-jpg.64931

Did you knock the "door" off or the whole hinge? The hinge seems to pop out too. I knocked the "door" off, which just kinds clips on there.

The whole piece is only like $30-50, look up the part numbers

Users who are viewing this thread