Ram 1500 DiamondBack Cover

jkgray22

Reaction score
I just installed my DiamondBack bed cover. Very secure, durable and practical. I can latch things to the top easily. It cost me way less than a fiberglass cover or even a tonnue cover.

Attachments

cra1g

Reaction score
Thank I just ordered a HD in black
I just installed my HD last week. I'm very impressed with the quality. A few installation tips, in case they save you some trouble:

--The bulkhead gasket should be straight, not follow the curve of the bed. This seems obvious...afterwards. :)
--The instructions say to have someone push down on the corners as you adjust the lock brackets. Use a LOT of force. I did it the first time with my 10-year-old sitting on each corner as I adjusted. I didn't feel like that was enough, so I did it again with a pair of 100-lb dumbells on each corner, and it seems much better now.
--Check the clamps early and often. I *thought* they were tight, but one of them fell off within 100 miles of installing.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
I just installed my HD last week. I'm very impressed with the quality. A few installation tips, in case they save you some trouble:

--The bulkhead gasket should be straight, not follow the curve of the bed. This seems obvious...afterwards. :)
--The instructions say to have someone push down on the corners as you adjust the lock brackets. Use a LOT of force. I did it the first time with my 10-year-old sitting on each corner as I adjusted. I didn't feel like that was enough, so I did it again with a pair of 100-lb dumbells on each corner, and it seems much better now.
--Check the clamps early and often. I *thought* they were tight, but one of them fell off within 100 miles of installing.
All excellent tips, especially that last one - the clamps loosen up pretty quickly. I may use some blue loctite on them to make them a bit less prone to loosen, while still permitting removal later if I want to take the cover off. That piece cries out for a bit of a redesign. If loctite doesn't work, I don't know what to do to keep them from loosening up on their own. Maybe a jamb nut or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)