5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram “Built To Serve” Models and New Hydro Blue Rebel Models, About To Ship Out:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Caught At The Sterling Heights Assembly Plant...

20200210_090401-scaled.jpg

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
Caught At The Sterling Heights Assembly Plant...

20200210_090401-scaled.jpg

Amazing! What is the tan color called? I want that. I was going to go with the green, but that FDE/black combo is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
Amazing! What is the tan color called? I want that. I was going to go with the green, but that FDE/black combo is awesome!

(Or is that the green looking tan in the photo?)

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe that is the "gator" color. Here are some screenshots from the Ram website of it on the floor at the Chicago Auto Show.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 20.28.47.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 20.28.47.png
    827.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 20.29.19.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 20.29.19.png
    929.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 20.29.06.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 20.29.06.png
    931.7 KB · Views: 184

ItzReece

Reaction score
AWESOME!!! I was trying to find out when or if any of the "Built to Serve" trucks have been ordered/built. Also hyped about them offering that blue color as well but patiently waiting for that destroyer grey/ceramic grey clearcoat to be offered for the RAM 1500.

Mdinana

Reaction score
Be nice to have the dealers do a paint job to that color. I have boring black.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Built to Serve trucks have been showing up at my local dealers, there are a few available on the lots, but only in Bighorn trim.

Where did that Hydro Blue come from? That’s not listed as one of the Built to Serve colors, nor do I see it available as an option when building a truck on the Ram website. Is it Rebel only?

Ram41313

Reaction score
Built to Serve trucks have been showing up at my local dealers, there are a few available on the lots, but only in Bighorn trim.

Where did that Hydro Blue come from? That’s not listed as one of the Built to Serve colors, nor do I see it available as an option when building a truck on the Ram website. Is it Rebel only?
Nope you can get it in all trims I haul the new rams so I see them

popcenator

Reaction score
Dang it, I would've taken that blue Rebel in a heartbeat. Oh well, I'm still enjoying the white...but still..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope you can get it in all trims I haul the new rams so I see them

I meant, the only ones I’ve seen locally have been Bighorn. Looked like you could get any trim, but seems like the seats would be a downgrade over any other trim package.

Let me know next time you transport a Laramie! I’m on the lookout!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Gator... its currently available on the 2020 Jeep Gladiator...

1582125719718.png

2020RamSport

Reaction score
I saw one in Gator Green at my local dealer today. The truck looks better in person than internet pictures. According to the window sticker, though, the electronic locking axle isn't included, which was supposed to be a part of the "Built to Serve" edition. I even looked below the shifter knob for the button, and it wasn't there.

I wonder if that option has been omitted from the package? It doesn't bother me, as I'd rather have the anti-spin axle anyway.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While it doesn’t show on the build and price for the big horns it is an option to get hydro blue in addition to the Rebel and Laramie. Not sure about the tradesman or the higher trims.

IowaRam

Reaction score
New Member here.

Picked up a 2020 Big Horn Built-to-Serve Saturday (2/22). Might be one of the first in the nation to have one ;). The package does come with the Electronic Locking Rear Axle or "E-locker". In my opinion the Built-to-Serve package has incredible value, and gets you many options for less than half of adding them individually on a Big Horn.

In the original media release back in November, they indicated they would be making this edition in 9 different colors with production being limited to 1k for most colors and 500 for a couple colors. However, the built-to-serve page on the Ram website only indicates they will be making Black and Gator Green. Does anyone know what they will be doing? and if those two colors will still be limited to 1,000 units?

Attachments

• 20200222_140042.jpg
    20200222_140042.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 89

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! That’s definitely a great looking truck and I agree with you on the value for features added. I’ve seen 4 come up in my search for a new Ram, so they’re certainly very rare.

As for the additional colors, there are absolutely no details anywhere to be found. I do know there isn’t any way to order online as a consumer, so I’m thinking it’s dealer only and they don’t get to see the offerings until the 2 next colors are ready for release. Since were nearly 4 months since press release and black / gator are the only two that have hit market, I’m not so sure the others will all hit this model year.

2020RamSport

Reaction score
The package does come with the Electronic Locking Rear Axle or "E-locker".

The one I saw didn't have it. Strange...

Since were nearly 4 months since press release

I signed up for updates last November, and I still haven't received any updates. I also never received a mailed brochure I asked about two months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread