5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram’s New 1500 BEV To Be Shown Off During “Revolution” Event In November!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram’s New 1500 BEV To Be Shown Off During “Revolution” Event In November!​

New Electric Truck Will Be Previewed This Fall...​

1659190858695.png

During its First-Half (H1) Results for 2022, Stellantis released some important dates regarding key electrified vehicle programs for its North America operations. Three brands (Dodge, Jeep®, & Ram) are expected to unveil details about their future electric plans during those dates.

The Ram brand is kicking off its Revolution plans in November. Two key products are scheduled for production in the next couple of years, bringing full electrification to the “Built To Serve” brand.

Ram_athorn

Reaction score
Interesting. I think Dodge did well with the eMuscle design; the Ram 1500 EV seems to fall short IMO, but will make my final decision when actual photos/video emerge.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
drive your truck/car through water and this might happen

"the batteries corrode after contacting salt water, they can start fires that can be difficult to put out."

might not only happen with salt water

jkinton

Reaction score
I note the same news article says: Research published by AutoinsuranceEZ notes that for every 100,000 EV cars, there are 25 reported fires, compared to about 1,500 car fires for every 100,000 gas-powered cars. Hybrid vehicles had a higher rate, with nearly 3,500 fires for every 100,000 cars.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

n8zcc

Reaction score
I'm not too excited. The RAM EV has a 200 KW battery and they are thinking a 500-mile range but under what conditions? It that a range I can expect in Michigan's winter months?

Then you have to charge it. RAM is boasting an 800-volt architecture, something the Lighting doesn't have but the Hummer EV does. That doesn't mean much to folks that want to charge at home or out and about. The 800-volt recharging needs to come from a $35,000 supercharger. You won't get that installed at home, it needs commercial power.

I read supercharger rates have increased from $.35 to $.50 per kilowatt if you can find one. Wait until politicians start to see recharging as another source of income. At 50 cents per kilowatt, they just passed the cost of refueling when compared to gas. Give the EV industry enough time and they will destroy the attraction to EVs.

But wait, wait until the greenies discover where and how electricity is made.

Runagun

Reaction score
But wait, wait until the greenies discover where and how electricity is made.
Please please do tell how electricity is made. Would love to hear your thesis about it. Common sense ain't to common. It's even worse when your trying to pose a biased ideology.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Please please do tell how electricity is made. Would love to hear your thesis about it. Common sense ain't to common. It's even worse when your trying to pose a biased ideology.
Exactly, once the happy talk phase is over and realities set it... At the end of every ideology is someone's bank account and it is never ours.

Runagun

Reaction score
Oh so nuclear reactors that's just a pipe dream. Wind, solar. The ironic aspect is ice motors have been around for 100+ years. It's going to only take batteries 20 or so years to surpass them. The thing you don't realize is. It's not you that's going to change. It's your kids kids that won't know what a oil change is or a tranny flush or any other maintenance then just doing tire rotation or windshield wipers replacement. Then you old guys could say back in my days BS remarks. Again common sense isn't too common these days. The same was said when blacksmith where doing horseshoes. Cars. There's no place to fill them up. No one will want them.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
The picture was more a response to @n8zcc's statement, "But wait, wait until the greenies discover where and how electricity is made."
It's just a joke picture, and there are many variations on that theme, depending on the specific agenda.
Relax. Have a chuckle and let's get back to the future of Ram trucks.

Steve

Runagun

Reaction score
The picture was more a response to @n8zcc's statement, "But wait, wait until the greenies discover where and how electricity is made."
It's just a joke picture, and there are many variations on that theme, depending on the specific agenda.
Relax. Have a chuckle and let's get back to the future of Ram trucks.

Steve
My bad 😔. Let me just slowly fade into the back😂

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The electricity that we use is a secondary energy source because it is produced by converting primary sources of energy such as coal, natural gas, nuclear energy, solar energy, and wind energy, into electrical power.

Fossil fuels are the largest sources of energy for electricity generation​

Natural gas was the largest source—about 38%—of U.S. electricity generation in 2021. Natural gas is used in steam turbines and gas turbines to generate electricity.

Coal was the second-largest energy source for U.S. electricity generation in 2021—about 22%. Nearly all coal-fired power plants use steam turbines. A few coal-fired power plants convert coal to a gas for use in a gas turbine to generate electricity.

Petroleum was the source of less than 1% of U.S. electricity generation in 2021. Residual fuel oil and petroleum coke are used in steam turbines. Distillate—or diesel—fuel oil is used in diesel-engine generators. Residual fuel oil and distillates can also be burned in gas turbines.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That and where the materials for the batteries come from and what it takes to get them out of the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread