5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rails to trails, biking, hiking.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend we headed out for our first bike ride of the spring season.

We did 2 miles on rails to trails on Friday, and then went out Saturday for 4 miles. This with a 4 year old and 2 out of shape parents. Pretty proud of my little guy, most kids are still using training wheels in the parking lot, he has been one year without and nothing makes him happier than driving where you can not go with the darn training wheels.

We love biking and hiking. Can't wait to get out some more. There were some wonderful waterfalls from all the rain and snow melt runoff.

Flowers are blooming and trees are budding.

We also noticed one of the easier geocache on the trail fell victim to the flood waters and washed away.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats good times for the family. I need to get out hiking again this year, the winter has got me so out of shape it's ridiculous.

I guess round is still a shape though.
icon_lol.gif

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Thats good times for the family. I need to get out hiking again this year, the winter has got me so out of shape it's ridiculous.

I guess round is still a shape though.
icon_lol.gif
Best get to it then . . .
263a.png
. . . don't take the "BatBike" to work ALL the good days . . . peddle-it-out; no pain no gain !?

When I sold my 2003 1500 after 13 years, I was "afoot" for 13 months before I got the G.C, (2016) . That's all 4 seasons - snow wind rain cold and hot With a 2 mile walk to the nearest store or Bus pickup point ! Going for groceries wasn't half as bad as lugging 2 recycle bags & a small back pack full of groceries ! THAT turned out to be a TRUE TEST OF MY CHARACTER, STRENGTH and FORTITUDE (64/65 yrs.) ! True Story ! And as a reminder this being a time when my Health was in the decline ( normal 205 lb. down to 185) ! But with the help of an occasional Cab Ride ($20 one way) I managed AND (Jared) gained back about 3 lbs. of Leg Muscle, yea !
263a.png

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
On the subject of extra curriculars, does anyone have a good set of resources for truck off road sites in Michigan?I'm aware of Silver Lake Sand Dunes (never been there) and some other out of state places, but once I get my TR/TRX, I'm going to need to know where the playgrounds are.

D

Deleted member103

VoiceOfReason said:
On the subject of extra curriculars, does anyone have a good set of resources for truck off road sites in Michigan?I'm aware of Silver Lake Sand Dunes (never been there) and some other out of state places, but once I get my TR/TRX, I'm going to need to know where the playgrounds are.
Well "VofR" it's your lucky day . . . got a computer ? Silly question ! FIRST try - TREADLIGHTLY.ORG - Easy to navigate, heck if I can, YOU can
NEXT try - MICHIGAN.GOV/DNR/
And/or try - MPARKS.ORG THOUGH THIS IS MORE OF A FAMILY THING.
When all else fails -- Google Research; MICHIGAN PLACES TO 4X4 OFF ROAD ADVENTURING -- THE LIST IS LONG, BUT SO MUCH JUST ON PAGE 1 WILL KEEP YOU BUSY FOR HOURS & HOURS . . . you'll be staggering to the fridge for your 4th "tall one" within 3 hours; my guess !
Enjoy, but try Treadlightly.org 1st !
263a.png
ps; I spent many a Navy Leave period in Michigan - mostly around the Baldwin area but also some on the opposite side of their & up on the U.P. ! Yup you guessed it fly fishing for steelhead & salmon & trout (in that order) all during the 1990's while stationed up & down the East Coast .

Users who are viewing this thread