5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Off Button

lrosado

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased 2020 Ram 1500 Classic and I love it. However, there is one thing that it’s irritating the hell out of me. The radio does not have an “OFF” button, only screen off amd mute buttons. The radio only shuts off after turning the engine off and opening the door. According to the dealership, this particular Uconnect does not comes with an off button function so there is nothing wrong with the radio. This may be true but it’s very annoying. Even if I mute the radio or setting it on auxiliary before shutting down the truck off, you can still hear the radio when using the remote start. I am not 100% convinced that there is nothing wrong with the radio, so I figure I ask around. Is anyone else dealing or hve dealt with a similar isue with the radio? If so, any luck fixing it? Thanks.

Luis

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no OFF button just for the radio, just the unit as you mentioned.

I have lots of glitches with my uConnect so could not tell you if still hearing the radio is normal or not when you turn it down. I do know that just about anything you do will un-mute the audio.

lrosado

Reaction score
There is no OFF button just for the radio, just the unit as you mentioned.

I have lots of glitches with my uConnect so could not tell you if still hearing the radio is normal or not when you turn it down. I do know that just about anything you do will un-mute the audio.
Brian,
Thanks for the feedback. If I may ask, what other glitches have you experiencing with the Uconnect?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
They pretty much reverted to the 1970s, where the radio went on and off by turning the volume knob. Except these new ones don't click when they're turned off, they just say volume 0.

I've made it a habit to crank the volume down while I'm parking, because sometimes I crank the volume up for a song I like and it's deafening when I start the truck the next time.

lrosado

Reaction score
They pretty much reverted to the 1970s, where the radio went on and off by turning the volume knob. Except these new ones don't click when they're turned off, they just say volume 0.

I've made it a habit to crank the volume down while I'm parking, because sometimes I crank the volume up for a song I like and it's deafening when I start the truck the next time.
Richard,
I guess I must make a habit of turning the volume all the way down. I wonder what is the reasoning behind this. I don’t think is to save money but oh well. Thanks.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased 2020 Ram 1500 Classic and I love it. However, there is one thing that it’s irritating the hell out of me. The radio does not have an “OFF” button, only screen off amd mute buttons. The radio only shuts off after turning the engine off and opening the door. According to the dealership, this particular Uconnect does not comes with an off button function so there is nothing wrong with the radio. This may be true but it’s very annoying. Even if I mute the radio or setting it on auxiliary before shutting down the truck off, you can still hear the radio when using the remote start. I am not 100% convinced that there is nothing wrong with the radio, so I figure I ask around. Is anyone else dealing or hve dealt with a similar isue with the radio? If so, any luck fixing it? Thanks.

Luis
Not sure if it is the same or not but on my 2019 RAM the center of the volume knob is the on/off button.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s what I figured but it doesn’t work other than to mute the radio🤷🏽‍♂️
On my `19 the center of the volume knob shuts off the whole 8.4 Nav. also.
This is what I have for a volume on-off knob.
volume on off.jpg
If your knob has the mute symbol, then that is different from 2019?

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brian,
Thanks for the feedback. If I may ask, what other glitches have you experiencing with the Uconnect?
Black screen of death, blue screen of death, no audio, random reboots, frozen screen, speed control volume cuts in and out, and my SXM favorites will beep but there isn't anything there when I check.

There are other things that have happened only once or twice but those are the things I see every now and then.

Mine has the mute symbol.
Your truck is a Classic (4th gen). It's the power button on the 5th gen trucks with a mute button next to it like kapinallinen2's picture above.

Users who are viewing this thread