5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions after installing 6112s

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So in short i have my Fronts at notch 6 which should of raised me 1.2 over stock (orp rebel). I measured at 38.5 on passenger and 37.75 on driver

Now to fix this i Fiqured lets just go up one more notch on the driver side.... After doing it i barely got any kind of lift, remaining under 38.

I understand the driver side would be heavier due to gas tank but for it to not even raise ?

Did i do somethin wrong?
Maybe the spring is malfuctioning ?
I took it to a shop to see if maybe i instaled wrong or somthing. The shop looked at what i installed, took it off reassembled the shock and gave me a wheel alignment saw the same issue of nothing gained.. And said contact bilsteins and come back ...

Contacting bilsteins now but maybe one of you smart guys can help me

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Put it back on the 6th notch and get a 1/2 top spacer on the driver side. What are your measurements all around?

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put it back on the 6th notch and get a 1/2 top spacer on the driver side. What are your measurements all around?
Thats what was thinking but. I didnt because i fiqured something has to be defective i shouldnt have to buy something esle extra to fix what shouldnt be a problem .Rear is 39.25 on both sides frnt passenger is 38.50 driveris 37.25

When i did my research and added everything. Up it front should of been 38.5 and rear 39.25 but driver hasnt budged which leads me to think the spring is ****ed

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Thats what was thinking but. I didnt because i fiqured something has to be defective i shouldnt have to buy something esle extra to fix what shouldnt be a problem .Rear is 39.25 on both sides frnt passenger is 38.50 driveris 37.25

When i did my research and added everything. Up it front should of been 38.5 and rear 39.25 but driver hasnt budged which leads me to think the spring is ****ed
Do you know if you had a similar lean stock? You have a diesel so you have more weight in your driver side because the fuel tank/def tank etc.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if you had a similar lean stock? You have a diesel so you have more weight in your driver side because the fuel tank/def tank etc.
I understand that but. Then my rear would be same offset also wouldnt it ? Passenger sidewould be half. Inch or more wouldnt it ?
And if the truck was off because of weight when i added the extra notch up on the lower driver side why didnt it go up? Which leads me to believe the spring is messed up

But no i didnt have any lean on the front.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
I understand that but. Then my rear would be same offset also wouldnt it ? Passenger sidewould be half. Inch or more wouldnt it ?
And if the truck was off because of weight when i added the extra notch up on the lower driver side why didnt it go up? Which leads me to believe the spring is messed up

But no i didnt have any lean on the front.
Yeah maybe the spring is a little weak then. Very weird. i know not all trucks are created equal so you may see different outcomes everywhere. Talk to Bistein and see what they can do for you.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah maybe the spring is a little weak then. Very weird. i know not all trucks are created equal so you may see different outcomes everywhere. Talk to Bistein and see what they can do for you.
Yes which why this hurts my brain.. First time doing all this stuff , but common sense for me was when i went up a notch and it did nothing

Devon G

Reaction score
Put on the 6112 also, having a similar issue. Set at #7 and drops down to 1/2-5/8 of lift over ORP height after a day. Very odd.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can only imagine is the springs that came with your set, essentially the spring rates aren't matched up correctly.

Typically the driver's side will lean more, you will find this on almost all vehicles. This issue could also be compounded on your truck due to the 6112 springs being progressive. Meaning they will be softer on the initial compression, then become stiffer. The softer initial part of the spring is likely making the lean more noticeable, even if they weren't defective.

What did Bilstein say? I would first check to see if replacement springs from Bilstein fixes the issue.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bilsteins wont. warranty it because its from a bilsteinlift.com which is a site that is not affiliated to them but the site said they would give me fox 2.5 for difference so thats what im doing

they told me to retorque it and i did, also disassembled it twice... but at this point. i spent a extra 400 bucks having a shop messing with it that i wont get back ..

also i understand having a lean but i put it. up a seting to see if it raises it did not so i think just faulty spring ... but dont wanna gamble rather just get new set up and atleast fox 2.5s are rebuildable

Last edited:

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
Any update on the 6112 issues? I was thinking about getting this setup for my 2021 rebel with eco diesel. Maybe the Diesel engine is part of the issue?
I had the 6112s on my Tacoma. It had the “taco lean” but was fixed by offsetting the perch on the clips as recommended by bilstein

Users who are viewing this thread