5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question regarding Extended Warranty from Zeigler

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I have been doing quote from Zeigler ( www.chryslerfactoryplans.com ) for Extended warranty and found out the quote can be almost $1k more if I check "Yes" on Is this vehicle used for Commercial/Business purposes?
With the same $100 deductible and 5yr/100k, it is $2895 VS $1780. My question will be can I purchase the warranty as "Non-commercial" but still regisiter the truck with DMV as a commercial vehicle? There are benefits for being a commercial vehicle, mainly less limitation for parking in city limit. However, the price difference is just too big to ignore.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they Find out, they may just void your warranty. Literally any excuse to deny coverage.

I did get an extended warranty through the Dealer with Allstate. 10yr/125K mile for $2710.

MAlodave

flyingpoint

Reaction score
If they Find out, they may just void your warranty. Literally any excuse to deny coverage.

I did get an extended warranty through the Dealer with Allstate. 10yr/125K mile for $2710.

MAlodave
Thanks for the reply. Maybe Zeigler can give me a certain answer.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been doing quote from Zeigler ( www.chryslerfactoryplans.com ) for Extended warranty and found out the quote can be almost $1k more if I check "Yes" on Is this vehicle used for Commercial/Business purposes?
With the same $100 deductible and 5yr/100k, it is $2895 VS $1780. My question will be can I purchase the warranty as "Non-commercial" but still regisiter the truck with DMV as a commercial vehicle? There are benefits for being a commercial vehicle, mainly less limitation for parking in city limit. However, the price difference is just too big to ignore.
Call Ziegler and ask them. They are honorable business people who act with integrity. They won’t hesitate to inform you if your proposed plan is fraudulent activity. My opinion is you’re playing with fire...but they would be the definitive source.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if register as commercial vehicle, some states register all trucks as commercial vehicles even if they are private passenger vehicles. The important think is what you are using it for. If you go into dealer with ladder racks or wrapped with company logos than you would have a problem.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread