5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about LED Light Strips

kilcher

Reaction score
Was thinking about adding the Opt7 LED light strip that goes above the rear bumper. It sticks on and doesn't sound like it comes off very easily. I'm just curious how long they should last. I'm a little paranoid about sticking it to my truck and then it stops working in a year or two.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had mine on my Rebel for 15 months and prior to that for 4 years on my 2014 Outdoorsman. I didn't use the 2 way tape that is attached to it, on my Outdoorsman the part under the tailgate was metal so I attached it with magnets so I could remove it to clean leaves and debris out of it.
On my Rebel it is plastic so I used these.

and attached it with 2 red cable ties that blend right into the bar. I have the 48 inch bar so I didn't have to use spacers like you do with the 60 inch bar.

kilcher

Reaction score
I have had mine on my Rebel for 15 months and prior to that for 4 years on my 2014 Outdoorsman. I didn't use the 2 way tape that is attached to it, on my Outdoorsman the part under the tailgate was metal so I attached it with magnets so I could remove it to clean leaves and debris out of it.

and attached it with 2 red cable ties that blend right into the bar. I have the 48 inch bar so I didn't have to use spacers like you do with the 60 inch bar.

Magnets are a great idea, I have a Big Horn, I'll have to check that out. Thanks!!!

kilcher

Reaction score

Do you happen to have a link to the magnets you used? Just want to make sure I get something strong enough.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link to the magnets you used? Just want to make sure I get something strong enough.

I just got 2 packs at Princess Auto. They were the 6 pc Ceramic Magnetic Disc. Spaced them evenly and made sure to fit them around the wires when I had it on my 2014 Outdoorsman. The Rebel is plastic that I gave you links what I used that.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got 2 packs at Princess Auto. They were the 6 pc Ceramic Magnetic Disc. Spaced them evenly and made sure to fit them around the wires when I had it on my 2014 Outdoorsman. The Rebel is plastic that I gave you links what I used that.

Just out of curiosity where did you attach the magnets to. on my Rebel there is no metal where the light bar goes, it's all plastic trim. I wanted to use magnets but I ended up using plastic spacer and screwed into plastic.
d7ed846c38b50e0c5e301a9a68a397e1.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity where did you attach the magnets to. on my Rebel there is no metal where the light bar goes, it's all plastic trim. I wanted to use magnets but I ended up using plastic spacer and screwed into plastic.
d7ed846c38b50e0c5e301a9a68a397e1.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

If you read my post # 2 I used the magnetics on my 2014 Outdoorsman and see post # 2 closer to the bottom that my 2019 Rebel is plastic and I used the adhesive cable tie wraps with screws. The OP was asking about the bar and how long it would last. I had mine for almost 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread