5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quad cab Vs Crew Cab running boards

Hunt0619

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this has been discussed or not yet so I apologize if it has been. Im not sure if this is a stupid question but are the running boards different between a quad cab and a crew cab? The reason I ask is because it’s hard to find quad cab steps and I assume mounting points would be the same regardless of model. I know Amp research steps use the same part number for both cabs not sure if this is the same across the board

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't speak for all as the steps can vary by manufacturer, but I have not come across any that are interchangeable between quad and crew. Overall step length and mounting process comes into play as well as the factory mounting locations. My steps for example were pre-drilled and matched up to the side step mounting brackets on the vehicle. That said, there was no adjustability at all. All of the brands that I considered clearly said to double check which version you were purchasing as they would not fit if bought for the wrong model.

Last edited:

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Completely different... the mounting points have different spacing between the models because the cabs are different lengths.

Hunt0619

Reaction score
Appreciate the response, guess I’ll have to keep looking or just buy the amp research steps. So much harder to find steps for quad cab

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the response, guess I’ll have to keep looking or just buy the amp research steps. So much harder to find steps for quad cab
I would dig through Amazon if you haven't already. I came across quite a few options listed for quad cab when I was shopping for side steps for my crew.

Last edited:

Hunt0619

Reaction score
I would dig through Amazon if you haven't already. I came across quite a few options listed for quad cab when I was shopping for side steps for my crew.
I’ll definitely take a look, not sure yet which route I wanna head

dbark

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this has been discussed or not yet so I apologize if it has been. Im not sure if this is a stupid question but are the running boards different between a quad cab and a crew cab? The reason I ask is because it’s hard to find quad cab steps and I assume mounting points would be the same regardless of model. I know Amp research steps use the same part number for both cabs not sure if this is the same across the board

I feel your pain, i went through this and everything I liked was not available for quad cabs. I eventually went with the Mopar off road style, I really like them and they are similar to some I was looking at, just more expensive.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was looking for a set for the crew cab, I was only finding people selling the quad cab sets on Facebook Marketplace. Search there and see if you find something. People were selling the quad cab sets fairly inexpensively.

Keg26

Reaction score
I feel your pain, i went through this and everything I liked was not available for quad cabs. I eventually went with the Mopar off road style, I really like them and they are similar to some I was looking at, just more expensive.
I'm going through this process now. The Rhino RB10/20's only fit the quad cabs with 5 lug wheels. So to get that look I think I have to pony up for the off road OEM running boards but I'm still concerned they won't fit. Looks like your 21' has 6 lug wheels as well? Just trying to make sure these will fit my 21' quad cab before spending $800.

If you have any advice on where to buy that would be appreciated. Best deal I'm seeing is like $840 including shipping.

Keg26

Reaction score
I'm going through same process. Thought the Rhino RB10/20's would work but they only fit quad cabs with the 5 lug wheels.

I think I'm going to have to pony up for the OEM off road running boards that I really like but are so expensive. Now i'm trying to make sure these will fit.

Keg26

Reaction score
I’ll definitely take a look, not sure yet which route I wanna head
Seems like there is a difference in 5 lug wheel quad cabs and 6 lug wheel quad cabs regarding sizing so be careful with that.

dbark

Reaction score
I'm going through this process now. The Rhino RB10/20's only fit the quad cabs with 5 lug wheels. So to get that look I think I have to pony up for the off road OEM running boards but I'm still concerned they won't fit. Looks like your 21' has 6 lug wheels as well? Just trying to make sure these will fit my 21' quad cab before spending $800.

If you have any advice on where to buy that would be appreciated. Best deal I'm seeing is like $840 including shipping.

Mine is a '21 new body (6 lug), this is what I got. They are well made. I don't remember exactly where I ordered them from, I googled the part number and found the best price, they shipped free to my local dealer.

PXL_20210513_234624656.jpg PXL_20210513_233448575.jpg PXL_20210513_233439323.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210513_233439323.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210513_233439323.MP.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

JCR1500

Reaction score
I bought for my 2020 Quad Cab Bighorn from AmericanTruck.com and they have plenty of running boards available.

Users who are viewing this thread