5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put on this screen protector today.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
In put on this glass screen protector today I got on Amazon and I really like it. Just wanted to share with anyone who is interested. It fit exactly and was easy to put on. I did it in the garage with the screen off and a headlamp so I could see exactly where to place it. It is made in China but the quality is good and it was middle priced amongst all the screen protectors. It is glossy but so is the original screen so no change there. Everyone should do this.
Check this out at Amazon.com
Screen Protector Compatible with 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Uconnect 12 Inch Touch Screen,Flyingchan Anti Glare Scratch,Shock-Resistant, Navigation Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y6L1511/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_v2LMDb2FEAMCE

Last edited:

Expat

Reaction score
Nevada...........but working in West Africa
In put on this glass screen protector today I got on Amazon and I really like it. Just wanted to share with anyone who is interested. It fit exactly and was easy to put on. I did it in the garage with the screen off and a headlamp so I could see exactly where to place it. It is made in China but the quality is good and it was middle priced amongst all the screen protectors. It is glossy but so is the original screen so no change there.
Check this out at Amazon.com
Screen Protector Compatible with 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Uconnect 12 Inch Touch Screen,Flyingchan Anti Glare Scratch,Shock-Resistant, Navigation Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y6L1511/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_v2LMDb2FEAMCE
I used the same one. It doesn't get fingerprints as easily as the bare screen, and , like you said, was a perfect fit.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I used the same one. It doesn't get fingerprints as easily as the bare screen, and , like you said, was a perfect fit.
Yes I forgot to mention the fingerprints. You are so right. The unprotected screen fingerprints badly. I see none on the glass protector!!

Zeeya

Reaction score
I have a different one, but it does make a difference. Had them on the 2 vehicles. I’ll keep using them. Simple wipe down with lens cleaner rag.

goose2

Reaction score
What is the reason for these.there not like phones where they could get dropped or bump. I know it won’t hurt anything but why?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My main motivation was fingerprints and I can say they’re a thing of the past with my screen protector. I went for the Kykr and install was easy and fit is perfect.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Kykr as well. Finger prints. A couple of f150’s ago I scratched display surface and started getting these to help prevent same from occurring. And yes, fingerprints. This does help

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
What is the reason for these.there not like phones where they could get dropped or bump. I know it won’t hurt anything but why?
For me I did it to protect against the unexpected. I have hit screens by accident when cleaning the inside of a vehicle and put small scratches on then. Also this thing shows no fingerprints. Without it was literally covered in fingerprints after a short time.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The main reason I did it was for scratches. Have you seen what a ring does to the door handle area paint (Especially a womens big ol' rock) :eek: .... For $7 this is a little price for peace of mind.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They are all the same and come out of China. I bought this once back in March and it's GREAT! Bought it for the fingerprints. If you want one, you don't have to pay more than $13...like I said...they are ALL the same anyway.

Zinger

Reaction score
I installed one of these as well.

When I first installed it, I had 3 bubbles under the glass. I've installed these on phones multiple times, so I was a little perplexed. Two of the bubbles were random spots, but the one in the middle was perfectly round and dead center. I couldn't rub them out. After two days the two random bubbles were gone, and after a week the dead center bubble disappeared as well. Now it's perfect. Give them time to adhere is the moral I guess.

Baron74

Reaction score
I went the same route and it was an easy install. Wasn't going to until I saw my wife and her nails "attacking" the screen.
Lol. Exactly. I also have a 12 year old that likes to poke at all the pretty buttons. Cheap peace of mind for the screen and it does hide fingerprints really well.

Last edited:

Bob G

Reaction score
Yes I forgot to mention the fingerprints. You are so right. The unprotected screen fingerprints badly. I see none on the glass protector!!

Do you notice any loss in touch or sensitivity with this glass protector ? Looks like the same kind I use on Kindle Fire and I have not noted any less response.
Thanks,
Bob

Zeeya

Reaction score
Do you notice any loss in touch or sensitivity with this glass protector ? Looks like the same kind I use on Kindle Fire and I have not noted any less response.
Thanks,
Bob
No loss of sensitivity

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put one on my screen and cleaning the finger prints off has become so much easier. I completely forget it’s even on there.

Users who are viewing this thread