5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased my truck on 08/02. Dealer financed through Chase. If I go to a credit union, do I go for a "new auto loan" or a "refinance?"

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Isn't there something like a 60 day window to be considered a "new auto loan?" Does this vary lender by lender, or is this a general rule? I'm in CA, if it matters.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would just ask the credit union. I did this on my 2014 as they had great rebates for financing through Chrysler so I did that and then transferred the loan to my credit union. At my credit union they offer the same rates for any car 2016 and newer.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Check out PenFed, You would want the refinance option, but they have the best rates and methods to join for anyone. Navy Fed Credit Union is also good, but only for military and families of military. Those are best national choices, a local credit union may be better or worse you have to check with them to see.

I re-financed my 2019 with Pendfed earlier this year and got 2.99% for 72mo refinance.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread