5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar + Pedal Commander

Maxram

Reaction score
Just put the PC in on top of the Pulsar. Was skeptical but figured I'd give it a shot. Sport + mode on the PC combined with Performance MDF off on the Pulsar......well it's pretty damn fun so far! Imo the PC handles pedal response much better than the Pulsar by itself.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ran same thing on my 4Th Gen, no issues and will be soon on my 19 Laramie. Grabbed the Mopar intake and Pulsar from a guy for a killer deal ( under the cost of intake alone), then grabbed the PC from another for $100 Friday.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine "boosting" throttle response more on top of what the Pulsar performance mode already does. Maybe use the PC to dial it back a little. With the Pulsar, you barely touch the gas and it wants to break the tires loose.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine "boosting" throttle response more on top of what the Pulsar performance mode already does. Maybe use the PC to dial it back a little. With the Pulsar, you barely touch the gas and it wants to break the tires loose.
On my 4th Gen the Pulsar wasn't that noticeable with the throttle lag, maybe the 5th Gen is different. If so then I guess I'll be selling my PC after I confirm.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed over weekend and runs great!! I also did the MOPAR intake. I haven't tried performance yet, just running Tow w/o MDS.

Psifer

Reaction score
I always ran Sport+1. It drastically improved the throttle response. I had an unlocked PCM with a Jay Greene tune so I can't chime in about the Pulsar throttle sensitivity. I got so used to the PC that I even now run it on my TRX.

bendtorres29

Reaction score
Just put the PC in on top of the Pulsar. Was skeptical but figured I'd give it a shot. Sport + mode on the PC combined with Performance MDF off on the Pulsar......well it's pretty damn fun so far! Imo the PC handles pedal response much better than the Pulsar by itself.
If you install the pulsar and take it out before servicing will they know you are using it in the vehicle? Does it leave any data in the trucks memory that tells them you are running an aftermarket tuner ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you install the pulsar and take it out before servicing will they know you are using it in the vehicle? Does it leave any data in the trucks memory that tells them you are running an aftermarket tuner ?
Leaves no trace other than the dealer seeing the battery was disconnected, and tool marks on the bolts holding PCM in

Users who are viewing this thread