5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar combined with Pedal Commander

BONES55

Reaction score
Just installed my Pulsar on Saturday. I'm running it in Performance MDS off. Awesome, love the power gains. I'm running it along with my PC78. I had to dial back my PC78 to the bottom of Sport mode rather than Sport +4. Both of these units working together really put my truck over the edge. Awesome. Get one or both. Worth the money for what they do.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just installed my Pulsar on Saturday. I'm running it in Performance MDS off. Awesome, love the power gains. I'm running it along with my PC78. I had to dial back my PC78 to the bottom of Sport mode rather than Sport +4. Both of these units working together really put my truck over the edge. Awesome. Get one or both. Worth the money for what they do
Glad to hear your happy with it, all the positive feedback as of late has me seriously considering one!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed my Pulsar on Saturday. I'm running it in Performance MDS off. Awesome, love the power gains. I'm running it along with my PC78. I had to dial back my PC78 to the bottom of Sport mode rather than Sport +4. Both of these units working together really put my truck over the edge. Awesome. Get one or both. Worth the money for what they do.

What kind of "Performance" gains are we talking about?

BONES55

Reaction score
What kind of "Performance" gains are we talking about?
Very noticeable gains. Depending on what gear you're in and what RPM you're going to get anywhere from 20 to 50 hp and 30 lbs of torque. I already had the Pedal Commander in for a couple months and absolutely loved it. Removing the electronic delay makes a huge difference. At first you'll feel like you put a supercharger in. Then I figured I'd try the Pulsar to give my truck a little more umph. It really improved my power in the first couple years which is exactly what I wanted. You will be happy with either of these systems or both.

BONES55

Reaction score
Very noticeable gains. Depending on what gear you're in and what RPM you're going to get anywhere from 20 to 50 hp and 30 lbs of torque. I already had the Pedal Commander in for a couple months and absolutely loved it. Removing the electronic delay makes a huge difference. At first you'll feel like you put a supercharger in. Then I figured I'd try the Pulsar to give my truck a little more umph. It really improved my power in the first couple years which is exactly what I wanted. You will be happy with either of these systems or both.
First couple gears not years.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That must be the Pulsar because the PC does not add any HP/Torq at all. According to Pulsar website: Adds up to 30 HP and 30 ft-lbs TQ . The actual gains are marginal at best that you would really see any difference in pulling a vehicle. What your feeling is the "seat of your pants" gains. I mean alone just have a PC and Pulsar sticker on the truck adds 15hp...lol . I kid on this though. Personally I wouldn't spend over $700 for these 2 mods but to each their own.

I would be curious though of the 0-60 times: Bone stock, Just PC, Just Pulsar, both PC and Pulsar.

BONES55

Reaction score
I don't know about the 0 to 60 time gains. I'm more interested in the feel and driving experience. Both units, the Pulsar and the PC78 are a huge improvement from stock. Plus with my driving style I haven't sacrificed fuel economy either running both systems in Performance modes.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I'm interested in the 0-60 times myself. Hoping to get the opportunity soon to go out and check mine. I can say that my acceleration is much better since the pulsar install, probably should have timed it before the install but I didn't consider that till now.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm interested in the 0-60 times myself. Hoping to get the opportunity soon to go out and check mine. I can say that my acceleration is much better since the pulsar install, probably should have timed it before the install but I didn't consider that till now.
time it now, there is a mode for "stock" right? button on a watch is nearly impossible to be accurate but maybe...a road with a 1/4 mile mark or sign, you will be able to see on video, elapsed time, but so many variables. 25 folks saying "seat of pants is wow" is pretty good proof

HemiDude

Reaction score
time it now, there is a mode for "stock" right? button on a watch is nearly impossible to be accurate but maybe...a road with a 1/4 mile mark or sign, you will be able to see on video, elapsed time, but so many variables. 25 folks saying "seat of pants is wow" is pretty good proof
I can time as it sits, but my understanding is the "stock" mode on Pulsar is not exactly factory stock. I have the Tazer DT installed also, as I recall it has a 0-60 timer. I will try to get a couple of measurements by the weekend

HemiDude

Reaction score
I did take it out to time it, but I couldn't remember how to make the Tazer timers work with the Pulsar. I attempted to use an app but it was too much work to coordinate while trying to control tire spin. I have since figured out the Tazer/Pulsar combination, so I will try again this weekend. I don't expect great times, as even my heavier wheels and tires are breaking loose pretty easily :LOL:, but it will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
Drove out and timed some 0-60s with the Tazer timer, finally. Best run was 6.39 seconds. Disappointing number but I know there were some contributing factors: 3/4 tank of gas, my wife with me and some gear in the back didn't help. Also, the Cooper Discoverers were constantly breaking loose. My best time was with TC on, though I did run some 6.5s with it off. Still, had some fun, and the truck ran and sounded great in the cool evening air :)

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Drove out and timed some 0-60s with the Tazer timer, finally. Best run was 6.39 seconds. Disappointing number but I know there were some contributing factors: 3/4 tank of gas, my wife with me and some gear in the back didn't help. Also, the Cooper Discoverers were constantly breaking loose. My best time was with TC on, though I did run some 6.5s with it off. Still, had some fun, and the truck ran and sounded great in the cool evening air :)
Did you make any runs without the PC or Pulsar to compare? Does the truck feel quicker with them?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Did you make any runs without the PC or Pulsar to compare? Does the truck feel quicker with them?
I did not make any "naked" runs. I don't plan on going back to stock unless I get another truck, so those times wouldn't mean anything to me. Truck feels quicker than before Pulsar for sure. Was chatting with another member and I realized I can probably pull a quicker time if I activate 4wd, so next time I get a chance I will see if I can get closer to 6 flat, or under.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
I did not make any "naked" runs. I don't plan on going back to stock unless I get another truck, so those times wouldn't mean anything to me. Truck feels quicker than before Pulsar for sure. Was chatting with another member and I realized I can probably pull a quicker time if I activate 4wd, so next time I get a chance I will see if I can get closer to 6 flat, or under.
Yeah that makes sense.

Gex2501

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. I was wondering this exact thing for my RAM. I’m totally gonna do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AevJk1day

Reaction score
I don't know about the 0 to 60 time gains. I'm more interested in the feel and driving experience. Both units, the Pulsar and the PC78 are a huge improvement from stock. Plus with my driving style I haven't sacrificed fuel economy either running both systems in Performance modes.
I’d like to increase the “fast lane” passing power in the Rebel. Would you say using both of the units is the way to go? I can’t do a whole lot to a leased vehicle but I’d like as much extra out of it as I can. Coming from a Lexus, I feel like standing still when I’m passing, lol. I don’t mind the $700 as long as its noticeable out on the highway.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
I’d like to increase the “fast lane” passing power in the Rebel. Would you say using both of the units is the way to go? I can’t do a whole lot to a leased vehicle but I’d like as much extra out of it as I can. Coming from a Lexus, I feel like standing still when I’m passing, lol. I don’t mind the $700 as long as its noticeable out on the highway.
Thank you! I have been looking for feedback on a PC and Pulsar together.

Users who are viewing this thread