5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prolonged 3.5" SST Readylift users...

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for insight from owners who have had the 3.5" Readylift kit installed for over 1,000 miles etc ... have you noticed any issues/change in ride since install? Has your truck developed any clanking/chattering sounds?

11B4X4

Reaction score
Over 2k miles on my 3.5" ReadyLift kit. No change or issue's since install. However, I do have some long term concerns due to the CV angles. Down the road I'll upgrade the lift to something that has better suspension and steering geometry.

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know that there is anybody out there with enough miles on it to give a long term outlook on it. Over time I would be worried about the cv joints, especially if you are a heavy 4wd user. I’m waiting for a true 4” lift.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
I don’t know that there is anybody out there with enough miles on it to give a long term outlook on it. Over time I would be worried about the cv joints, especially if you are a heavy 4wd user. I’m waiting for a true 4” lift.
The CV angle isnt bad at all. 20190416_133344.jpg

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses, thank you. I purchased the 3.5 kit 3 months ago and since been having a hard time finding a mechanic who seems to be trustworthy. Being that the 5th gen ram is so new I'm very weary on any individual taking their time with the install. Not to mention I have a long history of crappy mechanics giving me issues.

Tac747

Reaction score
I appreciate the responses, thank you. I purchased the 3.5 kit 3 months ago and since been having a hard time finding a mechanic who seems to be trustworthy. Being that the 5th gen ram is so new I'm very weary on any individual taking their time with the install. Not to mention I have a long history of crappy mechanics giving me issues.
I would check with my dealer about installation. Every dealer around me does a ready lift install. Come to mention it, every dealer around me has at least one, if not more, trucks on the lot with the ready lift 3.5 SST already installed.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would check with my dealer about installation. Every dealer around me does a ready lift install. Come to mention it, every dealer around me has at least one, if not more, trucks on the lot with the ready lift 3.5 SST already installed.
I already did. They quoted me at $2,000.00 for the install. (labor only) And they said they're "unfamiliar" with the kit...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. Then that definitely is NOT the place to have this done. Where are you located OP ?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a place in Cherry Hill that does lifts if you need more information you are free to pm me.

Tac747

Reaction score
I already did. They quoted me at $2,000.00 for the install. (labor only) And they said they're "unfamiliar" with the kit...
Use ready lift's dealer locator tab on their website. There are numerous places around you in PA listed on their site.

futonfactory

Reaction score

FWIW, I got quoted $400 for the install from a local truck shop here in Texas (Houston Area). This does not include alignment or any other tire modifications if applicable.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, I got quoted $400 for the install from a local truck shop here in Texas (Houston Area). This does not include alignment or any other tire modifications if applicable.
Wow That's an amazing quote! Not trying to be a "debbie downer" but at that price it almost seems to good to be true... Did you ask them about their warranty policy on install?

thenrich

Reaction score
I've had mine for 800 miles. Amazing ride for this type of lift. Very smooth and compliant. Much smoother then anticipated. No issues here. My mechanic did the install, mounted wheel/tires from custom offsets and alignment for $385

2k for this install is crazy! There is a DYI from readylift on youtube - its not rocket science here.

thenrich

Reaction score
Have you noticed a difference in your gas mileage and if so how much.
I'm about 16 combined now with 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers and 20x9 Fuel Wheels. I do have eTourqe so that probably helps a little. I also live in relatively flat area.

Never really paid attention prior to the install.

futonfactory

Reaction score
Wow That's an amazing quote! Not trying to be a "debbie downer" but at that price it almost seems to good to be true... Did you ask them about their warranty policy on install?
No sir, I did not. I was there getting my bedliner installed and had him look up the lift kit and quote it, and that was it.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had mine for 800 miles. Amazing ride for this type of lift. Very smooth and compliant. Much smoother then anticipated. No issues here. My mechanic did the install, mounted wheel/tires from custom offsets and alignment for $385

2k for this install is crazy! There is a DYI from readylift on youtube - its not rocket science here.
Yes I've seen the video and would be confident enough to do the install myself only issue is I don't have the proper tools ( lift, jack stands) to feel the truck would be secure enough especially when having to drop the rear axle from the body

Users who are viewing this thread