5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project Car - Storage advice?

Norvak

Reaction score
I have the project car bug again. The problem is I can't find out where to store the darn thing. My garage is small at my house, and I have one teenage driver and about to have 2 more. The house isn't an option. Local storage units are around $150 a month where I live. I am posting this for some "think outside the box" ideas that maybe I haven't come up with.

Plan B will be to wait until the kids move out, or my OCD moves on to another project/obsession 😄

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VersaTube manufactures Do-It-Yourself steel building kits. No cutting, welding or heavy equipment required and every framing component can be lifted with average human strength and assembled with common household tools. Save time and money on your next building project with VersaTube Building Systems.

www.versatube.com/

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I deal with this on a constant basis. I don't have a garage, we have 4 motorcycles and 4 cars. It's a constant dance. 3 of the 4 bikes go into my walkout basement in the Winter time and I roll them in for major work in the Summer and use an ATV ramp to go over my door's hump.

My 'project car' is stored offsite in a $75 a month barn that has electric for a battery tender but I can't do work over there so I drive it over to my dirt driveway for projects and use rhino ramps / jack stands for under car work.

We keep 1 car at my in-laws off-season since we had 2 cars for winter, one for summer only so we always have one stored there and we just pull the battery and keep it on a tender at our place in the off-season.

It's not easy but we make it work, not sure how I'd deal with having also 2 kids who drive.

Chuck19

Reaction score
VersaTube manufactures Do-It-Yourself steel building kits. No cutting, welding or heavy equipment required and every framing component can be lifted with average human strength and assembled with common household tools. Save time and money on your next building project with VersaTube Building Systems.

www.versatube.com/
Do you have any experience with versatube?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score

www.versatube.com/
That looks interesting. I'm thinking about adding a carport with solar panels for the roof and versatube sells just the frame. Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread