5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with my 2019 Laramie

Hilkmik

Reaction score
I purchased my Laramie three days ago. It is already in the shop with battery and ebgire light on and the passenger speakers shut off from time to time. I was told the alternator might not be working. For $62k I think I might have been ripped off. How this is handled will determine everything. I will report back as soon as I have a resolution. This is my first ram and first pick up. I was going to purchase a Ford f150 as I have several friends that own them and have never had problems. I was told to be careful with ram. I was weak bc it really is the best looking truck. I guess the prettiest girls will ruin your life. I really hope I am overreacting, but this is sloppy. Some engineers at fca should be fired in public. I am reading about a lot of issues that seem unbelievable you actually in one of these things. I am going to document everything and lawyer up if necessary. I hope not. This truck is amazing if it can run interrupted for an extended period

Mason1217

Reaction score
Good luck, hope it gets resolved.
Side note, I honestly dont get why people always quote price. For 60k, for 64k, whatever, if you bought a 30 grand Ford Fusion would you be completely fine if it was a piece of sh I T?? Its not like you would say, meh, it was ONLY 30 grand, I expected it to be garbage lol. Any new vehicle, regardless of price, should be a reliable, quality product. Just my 2 cents, and for 2 cents, how good could my comment be really?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s funny as I also belong to a “ Ford truck “ forum and have several friends who also own them. All I ever hear is how for this kind of money it shouldn’t do this or that. What I’m saying is no matter which platform you choose, there will alway be someone who has issues. The reality of it all is how they choose to go about making it right.

Hilkmik

Reaction score
Side note, I honestly dont get why people always quote price. For 60k, for 64k, whatever, if you bought a 30 grand Ford Fusion would you be completely fine if it was a piece of sh I T?? Its not like you would say, meh, it was ONLY 30 grand, I expected it to be garbage lol. Any new vehicle, regardless of price, should be a reliable, quality product. Just my 2 cents, and for 2 cents, how good could my comment be really?
Agreed.
It’s funny as I also belong to a “ Ford truck “ forum and have several friends who also own them. All I ever hear is how for this kind of money it shouldn’t do this or that. What I’m saying is no matter which platform you choose, there will alway be someone who has issues. The reality of it all is how they choose to go about making it right.
Agreed. So far the service dept at the dealership is very non-chalant. Haven't even looked at it. If I owned a dealership and someone came in with a new vehicle that I sold that was only 72 hours old I would be embarrassed. That client would move to the front of the line to at least diagnose the problem. I will report back with details when I hear back.

Hilkmik

Reaction score
The reason I think it is worth quoting the price is because many tend to believe that a more expensive vehicle is a better made vehicle. This vehicle is three timesmore expensive than any vehicle I have ever purchased. I want my 2011 hyundai sonata back that has 160k miles on it. The most reliable car I have ever owned was a $16k sonata that i purchased in 2001 and drove for 200k miles with no issues. From my experience the less money you spend on a car the better and more reliable it is. You should have saved your two cents though and waited for a nickles worth of free advice.

Mason1217

Reaction score
The reason I think it is worth quoting the price is because many tend to believe that a more expensive vehicle is a better made vehicle. This vehicle is three timesmore expensive than any vehicle I have ever purchased. I want my 2011 hyundai sonata back that has 160k miles on it. The most reliable car I have ever owned was a $16k sonata that i purchased in 2001 and drove for 200k miles with no issues. From my experience the less money you spend on a car the better and more reliable it is. You should have saved your two cents though and waited for a nickles worth of free advice.
All I'm saying is price shouldn't be a reason for a quality product. If FCA updates their pricing like this:
Inferior Quality -2000
Regular Quality +0
Superior Quality +2000
And you paid extra for the superior quality, then sure, complain if it isnt right. You shouldn't expect better quality for a 68 grand limited than I should for a 54k Big Horn. The sticker goes up for Bells and Whistles, not a better expectation of quality and reliability.

Hilkmik

Reaction score
I purchased my Laramie three days ago. It is already in the shop with battery and ebgire light on and the passenger speakers shut off from time to time. I was told the alternator might not be working. For $62k I think I might have been ripped off. How this is handled will determine everything. I will report back as soon as I have a resolution. This is my first ram and first pick up. I was going to purchase a Ford f150 as I have several friends that own them and have never had problems. I was told to be careful with ram. I was weak bc it really is the best looking truck. I guess the prettiest girls will ruin your life. I really hope I am overreacting, but this is sloppy. Some engineers at fca should be fired in public. I am reading about a lot of issues that seem unbelievable you actually in one of these things. I am going to document everything and lawyer up if necessary. I hope not. This truck is amazing if it can run interrupted for an extended period
UPDATE: I was told the alternator stopped working which is why the battery was dying. They replaced the alternator, but said they had to order a new PCM. When the alternator died they said that probably fried the PCM. I was told the PCM was a plug and play module so when the new one is installed they may have to spend some time with it to make sure all the electronics are working properly. I am hopeful this will take care of the problem. I will report back as to whether or not this worked so that others with similar issues know what to expect.

Hilkmik

Reaction score
UPDATE:. Truck seems to be fixed. Replaced alternator, PCM and did something else related to electrical. I noticed others with my similar problems had a difficult time getting resolved. I think it is because their dealer replaced everything one at a time rather than address the problem holistically. Still having problems with speakers shutting down periodically on driver's side. I think I have isolated that problem. Only happens when using Android auto. I don't like Android auto anyway. I will try it again in a year or so once bugs are worked out

furrowflipper

Reaction score
I have had electrical niggles since the night I picked up the 19' Laramie LH.
Last even I walked past the truck and noticed the center stack had a slight glow so I pushed the stop start button once perhaps twice.
No start this morning so sent it off to Heggs in East Mesa AZ
Film at 11 ...

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

furrowflipper

Reaction score
Last even I walked past the truck and noticed the center stack had a slight glow so I pushed the stop start button once perhaps twice.
Film at 11 ...

One of the issues I had occured at 12 kilos with the LH park sensor alarming constantly under 20 kph.
At 203 kilos I hit a pot hole and the center stack and instrument cluster went black. Shortly I hit another bump and they re-illuminated.
I have had some flickers and flutters since then and then last evening/today's no start

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know plenty of fords owners, Chevy owners, Toyota owners, Nissan owners, and even Honda owners that own trucks and have had problems with their trucks. What’s your point?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Film at 11 ...

:LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread