5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricing on a 2020

Aubie

Reaction score
The dealership I used to buy my 2016 Rebel, that I no longer have, has a blacked out 2020 model MSRP at 66k. They have it marked down to 56k. Would it be possible to talk them down more or is that a good discount?

joshj84

Reaction score
Id say wait until October / November (Black friday deal)

Rexx

Reaction score
Generally the rule of thumb is to aim for 20% off MSRP and that is considered a “good deal”. At 56k you’re only 3k away from that. Maybe they’d knock off another 1-2k for you and get you close to it. At the end of the day, a good deal is the one you’re happy with on the truck you want.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Hit them up on the last day of the month...best odds if they need sales that day.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I got a 66.4k limited for 54.4k, thats with an FCA affiliate number and rebates. I walked away and they came back with a "with 100k bumper to bumper at dealer cost but buyers expensd." I walked away again and said I wanted a tonneau. They would not budge.

I ended up almost getting a laramie but said eff it and got the limited.

TaterRam

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can anyone chime in on how they did end of last year for a deal on a Rebel? Obviously this year is a bit different. I asked a dealer for 20% off a $62k Rebel and he countered they could do around 10%. I intentionally did this on 9/30, after some previous back and forth. Bummer is, they have 5 Rebels at that same MSRP so thought they might be a little more motivated.

RT75

Reaction score
I bought my Rebel on 9-4. 65k and got for 56and change, but that included a first responder discount and some other discount I dont remember what too. Dealer had only two on lot and was complaining that they were having trouble getting inventory. If thats the case by you they might not want to deal so much.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
The dealership I used to buy my 2016 Rebel, that I no longer have, has a blacked out 2020 model MSRP at 66k. They have it marked down to 56k. Would it be possible to talk them down more or is that a good discount?

I think this depends on where the "discount" is coming from. If there are rebates and such through FCA, the dealer really isn't giving that part of the discount. If they are offering the truck as some sort of "Manager's Special" or some local promotion like that, it's probably more of a dealer sponsored thing. If this particular truck is the exact truck you want with all the right options, then I feel that's a decent price. If you aren't set on this exact truck, then you have some more flexibility to shop around. But right now, inventory seems pretty tight. Establish a dollar amount that you are comfortable paying and an amount that you would be okay with losing the truck.

At the end of the day, a "good deal" is a deal where both parties fell like they got screwed. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread