5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price check

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The vehicle history report by autocheck (link at bottom of the dealer page you posted) shows it was a fleet vehicle during which 33,000 miles were put on in approximately 11 months. It has been my experience shopping for used trucks to stay away from fleet/rental cars. They get beat up and high mileage in short amount of time. Each state registers vehicles differently so not sure exactly what a “fleet” car is where you live because the ad says “lease return”. Id find out more about who or what company owned it prior. Also, good luck getting the price dropped 4 grand on a used car. Most importantly take a close look at it in person in good weather. Check for bed damage, and look at the undercarriage for frame damage or welded repairs. Ram Sports are awesome though. I’ve seen at a bunch of used off lease trucks that looked great in pics and after a good wash/detail but in person upon close inspection they weren’t taken care of. I ended up leasing a new one because for the monthly payment was 200$ cheaper a month after all the incentives brought at 50k ‘19 Big Horn Sport down to $44,000. Buy will be 28 grand in 3 years which is 5-7grand cheaper than all the used 3 year old trucks i looked at. And I know I’ll take good care of it until the lease ends. Best of luck.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The vehicle history report by autocheck (link at bottom of the dealer page you posted) shows it was a fleet vehicle during which 33,000 miles were put on in approximately 11 months. It has been my experience shopping for used trucks to stay away from fleet/rental cars. They get beat up and high mileage in short amount of time. Each state registers vehicles differently so not sure exactly what a “fleet” car is where you live because the ad says “lease return”. Id find out more about who or what company owned it prior. Also, good luck getting the price dropped 4 grand on a used car. Most importantly take a close look at it in person in good weather. Check for bed damage, and look at the undercarriage for frame damage or welded repairs. Ram Sports are awesome though. I’ve seen at a bunch of used off lease trucks that looked great in pics and after a good wash/detail but in person upon close inspection they weren’t taken care of. I ended up leasing a new one because for the monthly payment was 200$ cheaper a month after all the incentives brought at 50k ‘19 Big Horn Sport down to $44,000. Buy will be 28 grand in 3 years which is 5-7grand cheaper than all the used 3 year old trucks i looked at. And I know I’ll take good care of it until the lease ends. Best of luck.

I re-read the autocheck history. The mileage was put on in approx 13 months not 11, and it also shows it was a lease and a fleet vehicle within two years??? Maybe they got out of the lease bc they put so many miles on it the first year.

I also noticed that dealership is advertising 2019 big horns for 35k and a blacked out one for 38. That’s the deal you want!!!

Gmolah

Reaction score
Yeah this is very high for a used Truck. I got a brand new 2019 classic for less than that..

Users who are viewing this thread