5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premium LED main light/low-beam out - put in myself. Any advice?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As some of you may recall, I replaced the factory lights myself back in the summer.

Today, I get to my truck and notice immediately that the front right light is out.

I'm looking for some advice. I've already called BAM to organize a possible replacement, but I am wondering if I need to get in touch with RetroShop for a possible bad adapter...?

It has been cold here, and I know that it was working perfectly fine yesterday when it was colder.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know others have had their lights fail... what did it end up being? I hope it isn't the light itself as that's going to suck to replace in the cold. I'd rather replace it now than wait until it gets colder, though.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
As I posted in the my other thread;

Well, the weirdest thing happened... I was looking at it in the dark and all of a sudden it came back to life. That leads me to believe that the LED assembly wasn't to blame as the full beam, indicator and running lights were still functioning fine. Is it possible that my adapter from RetroShop had a slight malfunction? That's where my trail of thought goes now.

What are your thoughts?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did after Jeremy from RS told me the same thing. I managed to fit my hand into the tight-ish spaces and swap the adapters around. The issue followed the adapter.

RS has already said they'll ship out a new one tomorrow. Excellent customer service. :)

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s better than the headlight assembly but it still sucks. I’m a little concerned, for selfish reasons, that the adapter failed. I hope this never happens to me because I never want to have to take mine apart again! Jeremy at RS is very good at making things right. That said, pretty disappointing that you’re having issues.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I guess I just got unlucky. I've asked if he wants me to send it back or if I can keep it. I'm fine with either way, and I am just glad that RS is as good as I've heard. Jeremy has been really good so far. :)

As with any electronics, failures happen. I'm not mad about it. At this point, I am just sharing my experience with you guys in case something happens. Luckily for us, where they've had us mount the adapters results in a quick change over (even if you don't secure them again with zip ties, which I won't) in the event of a failure. :)

I'll let you guys know what happens in the coming days/weeks with the new adapter to see if the issue is truly resolved. :)

Users who are viewing this thread