5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-production Ram Rebel TRX?!?!?!

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score

Freezing at 1:06, the gap between the top of the tire and the underside of the wheel well is significant (also evident at around 00:46-00:48 for the rear).
At 1:08, it does seem to be a wider track (it’s also consuming a fair amount of real estate in the parking space).

Thank you for the video Wilbur!

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
Why would they not hang out there waiting for the team to leave?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same trucks we have been showing you... nothing new under the covers

RAMayor

Reaction score
This is probably the RAM 1500 converted to test as Grand Wagoneer it has the bars welded from the back top of the cab to the end of the bed, i think.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Same trucks we have been showing you... nothing new under the covers
Why store a mule under cover?
So that would be a "no" then on the truck shown (mule) having the wider track? The covering concealed it well, but I was basing my evaluation on the amount of space in the parking spot taken up by the width of the tires. Hard to tell though since there wasn't a known "normal" truck near it for comparison.
If true, that would mean it was just a mule under the cover and we still haven't had a glimpse of a pre-production version of the TRX (not that what we saw was terribly revealing anyway). Perhaps it is still too early to see the final version poking about.
I gather once the pre-prod does start making rounds it will be so heavily camouflaged that it will take one of the skilled insiders to point out what is relevant about it (though I suspect the wide track version will be difficult to hide - that aspect will be unmistakable - we just won't be able to see any body lines).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread