5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powered Sub install?

Boonep123

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a powered sub and if so which one and how did you install it? I have a 2022 Rebel with the base speaker system. I’m am not a speaker guy so please use terminology a crayon eater like me can understand.

Fxdb12

Reaction score
Threw an Audison powered 8" sub under the rear seat in my crew cab for now. I have the base stereo as well. It is pulling signal from the rear door speaker wires. I have also read you can pick up speaker signal from the ANC (Active Noise Cancelling) module under the driver side front seat. So far I am happy but will eventually upgrade to a dual 10" set up.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A PAC ANC-CH01 should be what you need to not cut into the stock harness and does what fxdb mentioned. If your powered sub box uses a high-level input, then run some extension wires from the tee part of the CH1 to the inputs of the sub box.

Boonep123

Reaction score
A PAC ANC-CH01 should be what you need to not cut into the stock harness and does what fxdb mentioned. If your powered sub box uses a high-level input, then run some extension wires from the tee part of the CH1 to the inputs of the sub box.
Sorry for this dumb question but where does it get power from? Does the ANC-ch01 also power it? As you can tell I’m clueless to this stuff. I just wanna add a little thump to my factory setup.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for this dumb question but where does it get power from? Does the ANC-ch01 also power it? As you can tell I’m clueless to this stuff. I just wanna add a little thump to my factory setup.
You’ll need to provide your own power wire from the battery to the sub box, a ground to a good ground location, and possibly a switched power for remote turn-on. It would be helpful to know which powered sub you’re looking at right now so I can see what it requires.

Here’s the instructions for the harness: https://content.abt.com/documents/103040/ANCCH01_instruc.manual.pdf

Boonep123

Reaction score
You’ll need to provide your own power wire from the battery to the sub box, a ground to a good ground location, and possibly a switched power for remote turn-on. It would be helpful to know which powered sub you’re looking at right now so I can see what it requires.

Here’s the instructions for the harness: https://content.abt.com/documents/103040/ANCCH01_instruc.manual.pdf
I’m looking at the 10” Cerwin- Vega but not opposed to any other recommendation

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking at the 10” Cerwin- Vega but not opposed to any other recommendation
I’ve always been disappointed in Cerwin Vega, but that doesn’t mean you will. However, and if you can fit it, the JL Audio ACP112LG-TW1 would sound incredible, and the Kicker Hideaway HS10 would most likely sound good.

As far as remote turn-on wiring, all 3 powered sub boxes mentioned have “DC Offset” which detects a signal in the high-level inputs and turns on the amp (JL also adds an additional signal sensing turn-on option). They all can also have a dedicated remote turn-on wire run from a +12vDC ACC.

Boonep123

Reaction score
I’ve always been disappointed in Cerwin Vega, but that doesn’t mean you will. However, and if you can fit it, the JL Audio ACP112LG-TW1 would sound incredible, and the Kicker Hideaway HS10 would most likely sound good.

As far as remote turn-on wiring, all 3 powered sub boxes mentioned have “DC Offset” which detects a signal in the high-level inputs and turns on the amp (JL also adds an additional signal sensing turn-on option). They all can also have a dedicated remote turn-on wire run from a +12vDC ACC.
Thank you so much for the time you took out of your day to help me. Taht gives me so much faith in this crazy world that there are still good people in it.

I’m going to research the JBL and kicker and go with one of those. I’ll order i and the anc pac harness you described. I watched a video for running a power wire and it seems like something I can do. I’m mechanically inclined just not much experience with speakers but I want to learn how to do something like this. I’ll let you know how it all turns out. Again I really appreciate it brotha!

Boonep123

Reaction score

I wasn’t planning on replacing the factory speakers but if I would do you have recommendations?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn’t planning on replacing the factory speakers but if I would do you have recommendations?
This is where it starts getting a little more technical. If you don’t run an amp to power all the speakers, you’ll need to get close to matching the ohm rating of the stock speakers.

You have 2ohm 6x9” door speakers, which are not all that common. I have the same requirements for my alpine system, and I’m very happy with my CDTaudio speakers for the doors. There are other options though, and you should read through this thread to make sure you get the proper speakers and adapters. Your dash speakers are 8 ohm, and I can’t give a recommendation because I’ve never researched them. However, that same thread I linked to should give more insight.

Boonep123

Reaction score
So I decided to go with the Kicker Hideaway 10”. I also bought a PAC ANC-CH01 harness, an Audiocontrol LC2i, and a The Kicker 46KISL speaker wire to RCA harness adaptor. All from crutchfield except the PAC ANC-CH01 harness I got from Amazon. I’ve done a lot of reading over the past few days as well had conversations with crutchfield. The plan in a nutshell is to install the ANC-CH01 harness, Tie in speaker wire portion of that harness to the input from speaker level side of the LC2i, then tie in the HS10 to the LC2i low level output via the 46KISL adaptor that I will wire to the HS10’s supplied harness. Obviously I will also need to run the power I mentioned in earlier post, I am not a speaker guy but I do have a decent mechanical aptitude and understanding of how systems function. Please let me know if you see anything off with my plan. Again I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel stock 6 speaker system.

FYI the LC2i is for me to convert the high level signal to low level signal I need for the HS10 and it will also be helpful when I upgrade the stock speakers by easily giving me a way to install an aftermarket amp to power them. But all that’s for a future project. I will send updates as I get things done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I decided to go with the Kicker Hideaway 10”. I also bought a PAC ANC-CH01 harness, an Audiocontrol LC2i, and a The Kicker 46KISL speaker wire to RCA harness adaptor. All from crutchfield except the PAC ANC-CH01 harness I got from Amazon. I’ve done a lot of reading over the past few days as well had conversations with crutchfield. The plan in a nutshell is to install the ANC-CH01 harness, Tie in speaker wire portion of that harness to the input from speaker level side of the LC2i, then tie in the HS10 to the LC2i low level output via the 46KISL adaptor that I will wire to the HS10’s supplied harness. Obviously I will also need to run the power I mentioned in earlier post, I am not a speaker guy but I do have a decent mechanical aptitude and understanding of how systems function. Please let me know if you see anything off with my plan. Again I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel stock 6 speaker system.

FYI the LC2i is for me to convert the high level signal to low level signal I need for the HS10 and it will also be helpful when I upgrade the stock speakers by easily giving me a way to install an aftermarket amp to power them. But all that’s for a future project. I will send updates as I get things done.

Why did they say you need the Kicker 46KISL?

Boonep123

Reaction score
See photos below. That may explain it better. The KISL is just a wire to rca adaptor with male and female rca connections. Please let me know if you see an issue.

f58e2d5d002b7bada8ddffb479b21cd0.jpg

Boonep123

Reaction score
@djevox I can see your comment about the iDatalink BHC3 in my email notification but not in Tapatalk or bowser. New to this so I’m sure it’s on my end.

Anyway, they didn’t mention the iDatalink harness. Now that may have been becaue I told them I ordered the ANC-CH01 from Amazon already bc it wasn’t in their site. The guy looked it up and told me it would work with the other components I ordered from them. That probably steered him from digging into researching the new style harness. I’m going to check into the iDatalink harness and if I can get one before my equipment arrives (Today) I will. If not the I’ll probably proceed with original plan being I’m impatient and want to knock it out lol. Man I. Really want to thank you again for the help. It’s awesome to know about this resource for guidance and information.

Being I’m new I have a couple things you may could guide me with. I did read the new member post. I do see where it states to create a signature. No problem with doing it. But how much detail is needed? Is Year Model Trim plus mods that I’ve done sufficient? Like below.

2022 Ram Rebel 4x4 / Crew Cab / 2 tone Billet Silver & Black / 5.7 w/ Etorque / 3.92 rear end / Level 1 Rebel package/ Uconnect 5 8.2 system

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@djevox I can see your comment about the iDatalink BHC3 in my email notification but not in Tapatalk or bowser. New to this so I’m sure it’s on my end.

Anyway, they didn’t mention the iDatalink harness. Now that may have been becaue I told them I ordered the ANC-CH01 from Amazon already bc it wasn’t in their site. The guy looked it up and told me it would work with the other components I ordered from them. That probably steered him from digging into researching the new style harness. I’m going to check into the iDatalink harness and if I can get one before my equipment arrives (Today) I will. If not the I’ll probably proceed with original plan being I’m impatient and want to knock it out lol. Man I. Really want to thank you again for the help. It’s awesome to know about this resource for guidance and information.

Being I’m new I have a couple things you may could guide me with. I did read the new member post. I do see where it states to create a signature. No problem with doing it. But how much detail is needed? Is Year Model Trim plus mods that I’ve done sufficient? Like below.

2022 Ram Rebel 4x4 / Crew Cab / 2 tone Billet Silver & Black / 5.7 w/ Etorque / 3.92 rear end / Level 1 Rebel package/ Uconnect 5 8.2 system
Yes, you can put whatever you want in the signature and what you have is fine. It just helps other people see what you have without having to ask.

If you need wiring diagrams let me know. If nothing else, you could get a pin remover tool and remove the microphone wires from the anc module. You could also tap the stock door speaker inputs for the l2ci.

Users who are viewing this thread