5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Window Wierdness

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the power windows sometimes change direction and drop about a second after you hit the button to 'auto close?'

If it's not raining, I drop my windows first thing after it's been parked for a period of time (overnight, usually), just to recycle some fresh air into the cabin. A few minutes later when I'm driving along and go to raise the windows, sometimes one will start going up, then stop and drop again. When it does that, I just hit the button again to 'auto close,' and it goes all the way up.

Minorly annoying, but it does seem to happen probably once every month or so, and not isolated to either driver or passenger side. My 2012 Lone Star did it every now and then as well with no pattern or set time between occurrences, which makes me wonder what could be causing it.

Anybody else? Any ideas? It's not something I'm looking to start throwing parts at, or anything... just an observation.

Bader12651

Reaction score
Both my 19 and 21 do this and I don’t have window visors installed. I believe this is an issue that several people have brought up before on the forum. Even after relearning the switches, it still did it on mine

ICT_RAM

Reaction score
My 19 and 21 do it as well. It does throw a code according to the dealer and after several switches, they blamed it on the tint. OK, but it is weird its the only the drivers window that has ever done it .

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I have not run into that problem. I did however hit the auto down instead of the mirror fold button while in the carwash once. That sucked.
I went through a Laser Wash one day back in the late 2000s in my '97 1500. Dropped the window to put in the code, then pulled forward into the tunnel and marveled for a moment at how cool my brand-new Gibson exhaust sounded... then the pre-wash water came on. That window had never taken so long to raise... ever! LOL!

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Both my 19 and 21 do this and I don’t have window visors installed. I believe this is an issue that several people have brought up before on the forum. Even after relearning the switches, it still did it on mine
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Like I mentioned, I first noticed it with my 2012, but never got out of hand. Just a minor annoyance now and then, more than anything. I was surprised when it seemed to transfer over to my '21 (same conditions, same exact issue), but

My 19 and 21 do it as well. It does throw a code according to the dealer and after several switches, they blamed it on the tint. OK, but it is weird its the only the drivers window that has ever done it .
WTF?! If they've got things set THAT sensitive, I'm surprised that barometric pressure and bumps in the road don't cause issues as well. Man, the stealerships will say anything to get out of having to actually diagnose and fix anything that's not absolutely straight-forward "replace this part and solve the problem." I'm relieved to see that our 'Awfulplex' here in San Angelo isn't the only one that sucks on these levels.

Users who are viewing this thread