5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power running boards

evan262837

Reaction score
Hello when I open my drivers side door, the step comes out half way then goes back up and the message says “step was obstructed” but that’s not the case. Also my passenger side bed step won’t return to the up position. I’ve tried manually lowering and raising but it only works on the drivers side. Any info would be greatly appreciated

What year/model truck? I have a 19' Limited and had to have both the motors and control modules replaced, and still have problems with the boards having "minds of their own". Sometimes they take several seconds to deploy, making it almost dangerous to try to get in and out of the vehicle because I'll try to step over them, and then they'll deploy making a trip hazard. There are no more "door pin switches" as there use to be. As I understand it now, what they use for a switch is combined into the door locking mechanism which might be the culprit - that's about all's that left.

I have a brand new set of power steps for a 2019+ 1500 DT Crew Cab in the for sale section. $1300. Pick up only Shipping will kill ya.
DM me for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back