5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Running Boards

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the factory power running boards in winter showing or icing up? Or other problems?

Can you take off the power running boards and put on regular ones?

evanxrs

Reaction score
Nothing but issues... avoid...

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Awood05

Reaction score
No issues here! One winter down. I make sure I keep the hinges clean when I can.

RossoWheelson

Reaction score
I have had them on and off over the years on all three of the big 3 half ton trucks. Only issue I ever had was large gravel getting lodged in the joints on the Chevy after 10 miles on a rutted dirt road. Always carried a large flat headed screwdriver to kick the gravel out and all was good.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be nice to know where everyone is from as well, and what they use to treat their roads with for winter snow/ice conditions. My main concern for being in NY is how much salt they use on our roads, seems to ruin most things over time. I have to take mine through the car wash regularly through winter to get salt off the body/underbody, hoping that will keep my boards mostly clear.

Still though, when you have something like this, I assume you can disable them?

IMG_4865.jpg

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll add that I am in Wisconsin. We get roads/buildup like shown in the picture above.

It would be nice to know if the running boards can be disabled if needed (either stay up or stay down), or even taken off so I could sell them and put on a pair of normal nerf bars.

Users who are viewing this thread