5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Running Board Motor

0051 MAR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New member. I have a 2020 1500 Laramie and I ordered a set of factory power running boards (PRB). When the absolutely massive box arrived, one of the motor connectors was destroyed (photo). The way they pack the boards puts one fixed connector toward the exterior. Anyway the seller was cool and offered to send me just the motor which includes the connector. Question is, does anyone have any idea what the torque spec is for the three 6mm hex bolts that hold the motor to the frame? I tried to find just the connector (Molex 33482-3617) but no luck. On a side note, does anyone know the name of the little white barbed plastic piece that secures the connector to the frame (other picture) 20200508_140334.jpg 20200508_154808~2.jpg ?

Any help is appreciated!

papac0rn

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2020 Laramie too. Do you mind sharing the part number? Are you going to install it yourself? If so I'd be interested in hearing how the install goes and if there were any issues. I wonder if it will be sort of plug and play. . .

Take care. Thanks.

MetalDog

Reaction score
Hah, im removing my OEM ones to put on rock sliders in a couple months. Curious if disconnecting them sets off an error in the cabin..

0051 MAR

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2020 Laramie too. Do you mind sharing the part number? Are you going to install it yourself? If so I'd be interested in hearing how the install goes and if there were any issues. I wonder if it will be sort of plug and play. . .

Take care. Thanks.
So the part number for the full kit is 82215287AC (https://store.mopar.com/accessories...power_running_boards_crew_cab_82215287AC.html). I don't have the part number for just the motor yet. When I get the replacement motor, I will either change it over entirely or just harvest the Molex connector and swap it over since the original wires and pins were not damaged. From the instructions, it isn't quite plug and play. The wires need to be added to existing connectors and then they need to be flashed to the computer. I'm definitely letting the dealer install them for warranty purposes. I got quotes for the install from $430-$660 here in Vegas.

0051 MAR

Reaction score
Hah, im removing my OEM ones to put on rock sliders in a couple months. Curious if disconnecting them sets off an error in the cabin..
I don't have an exact answer, but I know they are flashed to the computer, so it is a possibility.

0051 MAR

Reaction score
I got my answer I'm reference to the torque spec from the parts distributor. 13 ft lbs! Still have no idea what that white barbed retainer is called...

Users who are viewing this thread