5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power loss to 7 pin connector 2019 1500 limited

ShipShape72

Reaction score
I have no running lights, blinkers nor brake lights on my multiple trailers I tow. I also have lost my electric brake connectivity.

checked fuses under the hood and under the dash to no avail.

anyone else?

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have checked the voltage on the protected side of the fuses, then crawl under the truck and unplug the harness connector that hangs behind the rear bumper, above the hitch receiver. See if the supply connector has power, brake light voltage, etc.

there are a few stories about the several connectors in the harness that leads to the trailer receptacle, working loose, With all those things going at once, sounds like a connector (or ground) issue

ShipShape72

Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't think of checking to see if voltage is actually coming into and out of the fuse boxes. Getting to it.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 19. Had just purchased a new travel trailer and all lights worked fine on my previous vehicle the day before. Was suspecting an intermittent connection at 7 way on the vehicle side. Had proper voltage at fuse box. Had proper voltage at 7 way harness. Had extremely low voltage at pin for brake lights. Ended up replacing the 7 way trailer connector. 2 minute swap once you get all of the dirt out if your eye. :) Went with an aftermarket Hopkins part being they're readily available most anywhere.

DJDV

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 19. Had just purchased a new travel trailer and all lights worked fine on my previous vehicle the day before. Was suspecting an intermittent connection at 7 way on the vehicle side. Had proper voltage at fuse box. Had proper voltage at 7 way harness. Had extremely low voltage at pin for brake lights. Ended up replacing the 7 way trailer connector. 2 minute swap once you get all of the dirt out if your eye. :) Went with an aftermarket Hopkins part being they're readily available most anywhere.
Experiencing the same problem here with my 2019. Right side trailer lights not working. Problem with the truck wiring somewhere. Looks like you had a similar problem. Can you help with posting the Hopkins part number so I can order one up.
Thanks (y)

Ratchet

Reaction score
Sure. Traced mine down to a damaged connection within the 7way vehicle side connector. This is what i used for a replacement. Hopkins 40974. Most every autoparts store stocks them. Even Lowes Home Improvement stores.

Users who are viewing this thread