5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: Which Bed for New Laramie (RamBox or Not)?

Which option for the new 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with a crew cab?

• Total voters

dubasteins

Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to place an order for a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with all the bells and whistles. I previously had a truck with a crew cab and a 6.5' box, which I think looks more balanced and also allows for moving/hauling larger items. I'm torn between getting the new Ram with a crew cab and a long bed vs. getting one with a shorter bed so I can add the RamBox feature. Wanted to get thoughts from you all as I'm sure there are lots of great opinions out there. Please reply and/or vote with your thoughts!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I voted long box.. but if you can't wait til they become available I would get the rambox. I wouldn't even think of the short bed without the RamBox. Just my .02

dubasteins

Reaction score
If I had a good idea of when they would be available on the long box, I could probably make arrangements. But I'm moving back to Indiana in a couple of months and don't have anything to drive currently. Would be hard to wait a long time for a new ride!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, unless some breaking news comes out you are probably looking at least til next year when they start this process for the HD.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like my short bed with RamBox. I don't haul a lot but I can get everything I need into it.

fish mojo

Reaction score
short box is worthless to me and looks out of proportion to the rest of the truck. Kind of like the short legs on a Corgi. I'm waiting for the longbed rambox before I order. Patience will be rewarded, Grasshopper.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
short box is worthless to me and looks out of proportion to the rest of the truck. Kind of like the short legs on a Corgi. I'm waiting for the longbed rambox before I order. Patience will be rewarded, Grasshopper.

That's funny because I've gotten used to the short box and like the look and I'm also looking at picking up a corgi. :D

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I would have voted to wait for 6'4" long box with Ramboxes however since that wasn't up there I voted for short box with ramboxes instead. Reason being a bed extender that mounts in your hitch receiver can be stored in the ramboxes to allow hauling of longer items (12' easy). Without ramboxes the extender and other items all have to go under back seat. Ramboxes also give a 110V outlet now.

Wish more dealers would get ramboxes in so they'd be easier to find on lots. Practically have to special order one unless you opt for higher trims where it is more likely to be included.

ryelinek

Reaction score

Ouch this hit me where it hurts. I ordered my Limited with a 5’7” bed AND my wife and I have two corgis hahaha.

Let me say that I refuse to lose any man points by saying this but I’ve had plenty of dogs but the corgis are my favorite by far.

dubasteins

Reaction score
I would have voted to wait for 6'4" long box with Ramboxes however since that wasn't up there I voted for short box with ramboxes instead. Reason being a bed extender that mounts in your hitch receiver can be stored in the ramboxes to allow hauling of longer items (12' easy). Without ramboxes the extender and other items all have to go under back seat. Ramboxes also give a 110V outlet now.

Wish more dealers would get ramboxes in so they'd be easier to find on lots. Practically have to special order one unless you opt for higher trims where it is more likely to be included.
I figured it could be up to a year if I wait, but I need a vehicle way sooner than that. If I knew exactly how long I needed to wait, I could find an alternative, but don't want to wait a year to find out it'll be longer (or never). Might as well get a truck I can enjoy for now based on what's available.

CaliTex

Reaction score
That's funny because I've gotten used to the short box and like the look and I'm also looking at picking up a corgi. :D

LOL! Funny enough, my first dog was a Corgi! She was the BEST. She stayed by my side from the time I was 3 until the day after I graduated from high school when she went to dog heaven. Still miss her over 30 years later.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about them. I had a German Shepherd/Doberman cross that was an awesome dog, had to put him down about 4 years ago now and miss him every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/