5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing movies on car play

Angry Ram

Reaction score
Hello there everyone
I found a way to play youtube and anything from carplay no need for lock picks and it costs only $5 and a jailbreak support til ios 12.2
Here r some pictures
31978 31979
47BAD934-7A50-4B09-8EC4-2D0351CBD2D9.jpeg
3F130B95-45BD-4BAC-A2C1-1F6E146546D1.jpeg 47BAD934-7A50-4B09-8EC4-2D0351CBD2D9.jpeg C339DEC7-906F-4AA0-B9AF-0132DD304180.jpeg AAE09D0C-7D82-476B-9BA9-880F242AF871.jpeg

Steps on how to do it

1- iphone device between iphone 6 till iphone x must have ios 12.2 and below
2- visit app.ignition.fun and on search type chimera download chimera then go to settings trusted device and trust this one
3- open chimera and jailbreak ur iphone it will restart until its finish
4- after u jailbreak it u will see sileo icon its app similer to cydia open it and use any google account u have to sign in then search for carbridge app it costs 5$ ( using paypal ) after u download it go to settings u ill see carbridge under settings open and add all the app u want to see on ur car then plug and enjoy

Best regards

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Angry Ram

Reaction score
hey guys after using it for a while i want to post a review about it

Netflix is not working probably because the DRM agreement or something like that, u can open netflix check the list but when u play movies only sound with blacked out screen . other application like plex, is working good

Whatsapp application on normal carplay siri would read the messages for you but u cant see or type but on this one you can open the full function of whatsapp writing reading and opening videos and photos

Safari, youtube , photos , weather , working just like the iphone

Best Regards

Last edited:

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to be on 12.2 and jailbreak. You have to get an app called carbridge. It allows you to select what apps work in CarPlay. Ive done it and Netflix although it will display does not allow movies to show video only audio due to DRM. Youtube does work. Out of all the ones I tried it was the only one that works half way reliably. DirevtTV now didn't, sling TV did not and Native TV app doesn't ever. So he is leaving out a bit of the story and I highly recommend AGAINST this if your phone is still under warranty.

I spent HOURS AND HOURS messing with it and its not a what I would call easy or viable option for those not really into tech stuff. Like I said the largest issue is the DRM is not allowed through the lighting port with our the HDMI adapter plugged in and then its only allowed through the HDMI and not lightning.

Angry Ram

Reaction score
You have to be on 12.2 and jailbreak. You have to get an app called carbridge. It allows you to select what apps work in CarPlay. Ive done it and Netflix although it will display does not allow movies to show video only audio due to DRM. Youtube does work. Out of all the ones I tried it was the only one that works half way reliably. DirevtTV now didn't, sling TV did not and Native TV app doesn't ever. So he is leaving out a bit of the story and I highly recommend AGAINST this if your phone is still under warranty.

I spent HOURS AND HOURS messing with it and its not a what I would call easy or viable option for those not really into tech stuff. Like I said the largest issue is the DRM is not allowed through the lighting port with our the HDMI adapter plugged in and then its only allowed through the HDMI and not lightning.
Plex is working also . and if u have plex server at home you can add any movie or video

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, Most iPhone users though do not have their movie library downloaded outside the eco system and DRM prevents this from being used. So IF you use flex you have to find a NON DRM movie download

SacRebel

Reaction score
I was able to play YouTube videos on my previous Alpine CarPlay system by doing this...

You text yourself a link to the YouTube video you want to see. Then click on that link in the text message and the video opens. Now this was about a year ago and know my iPhone has a newer OS now so don't know if it will work. I have never tried it in the truck though.

Angry Ram

Reaction score
if you have any saved videos movies or tv show from itunes or in your iphone Library you can play it on carplay using the App TV from apple WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 6.54.44 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 6.54.44 PM(1).jpeg these videos saved on my iphone and itunes Screen-Shot-2016-10-27-at-19.17.53-796x485.png this is the icon for the build in app in ur iphone . anything in your library is playable

This one is Plex TV
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 6.54.45 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 6.54.46 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 6.54.45 PM(1).jpeg

Angry Ram

Reaction score
I was able to play YouTube videos on my previous Alpine CarPlay system by doing this...

You text yourself a link to the YouTube video you want to see. Then click on that link in the text message and the video opens. Now this was about a year ago and know my iPhone has a newer OS now so don't know if it will work. I have never tried it in the truck though.
interesting . i have to try that

Last edited:

Lize

Reaction score
There's this similar thread about Jailbreak too:

jfigliano

Reaction score
Silly question, what about those of us with Pixel Phones running android

CanadaGATA

Reaction score
Hello there everyone
I found a way to play youtube and anything from carplay no need for lock picks and it costs only $5 and a jailbreak support til ios 12.2
Here r some pictures
View attachment 31975
View attachment 31978 View attachment 31979
View attachment 31977
View attachment 31975 View attachment 31977 View attachment 31978 View attachment 31979

Steps on how to do it

1- iphone device between iphone 6 till iphone x must have ios 12.2 and below
2- visit app.ignition.fun and on search type chimera download chimera then go to settings trusted device and trust this one
3- open chimera and jailbreak ur iphone it will restart until its finish
4- after u jailbreak it u will see sileo icon its app similer to cydia open it and use any google account u have to sign in then search for carbridge app it costs 5$ ( using paypal ) after u download it go to settings u ill see carbridge under settings open and add all the app u want to see on ur car then plug and enjoy

Best regards
Hey bro I just found your thread. I have car ridge lite for iOS 13.6. Is there anyway to bypass the DRM settings for like netflix?

daemlar

Reaction score
Hey bro I just found your thread. I have car ridge lite for iOS 13.6. Is there anyway to bypass the DRM settings for like netflix?

DRM settings for Netflix have yet to be overcome. I ran jailbroken with CarBridge for a majority of 2019. The app developer consistently emphasized that, as far as he was concerned, DRM could not be broken and he wouldn’t ever attempt it.

Plex and YouTube were the two apps I used frequently on CarBridge and they seemed to work the most consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread