5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning to order 2019 RAM 1500 Limited (Canada)

Sky11

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, I am new to forum and I am new to the whole pickup truck world:) -so I appreciate advise and help from more experience forum members!
I am planning to order a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited, with Limited Package 1, Off-road package, sunroof and few other things.

Here is what eating me: I really like air suspension (the fact that it lowers on highway, and I can get higher off the ground when I need to, etc.), but it freaks me out all these horror stories about air suspension going bad, especially in cold climate.
Folks who have have air suspension - esp. fellow Canadians - what are the chances of having such problems? I mean if most of air suspension trucks were having problems, FCA may have simply either stop offering it, or do something about it - right?
thanks in advance!

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some have problems with it and some don't. For myself I didn't want the risk as it doesn't attract me that much anyway, the standard suspension is already "best in class".

Have you tried the standard suspension? If not, I'd suggest a test drive since you might like it and not want air that much after all.

Sky11

Reaction score
air-ride's ok > 'til warranty expires
long term/cold climate reliability's sketchy
e-torque's even sketchier
Oh boy... and that's exactly what I am planning to order - eTorgue and air suspension. Limited trim does not give any other options :(

Yes I did drive both. As a matter of fact I "accidentally" rented 2019 RAM 1500 Classic (old body), and I was quite impressed with the ride quality.
There few reasons I want to go Limited, and among them is the interior - https://www.ramtruck.ca/en/1500/2019/galleries/interior - "light frost/indigo blue" which I do not think is available with other trims.
And after I drove eTorgue vs non-eTorque - I totally loved how eTorgue feels - the whole start/stop thing.
However, now I am worried about eTorgue - looks like few people had problems with it, but it does not seem to be as commonplace as air ride. Am I wrong?

Striker99

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, I am new to forum and I am new to the whole pickup truck world:) -so I appreciate advise and help from more experience forum members!
I am planning to order a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited, with Limited Package 1, Off-road package, sunroof and few other things.

Here is what eating me: I really like air suspension (the fact that it lowers on highway, and I can get higher off the ground when I need to, etc.), but it freaks me out all these horror stories about air suspension going bad, especially in cold climate.
Folks who have have air suspension - esp. fellow Canadians - what are the chances of having such problems? I mean if most of air suspension trucks were having problems, FCA may have simply either stop offering it, or do something about it - right?
thanks in advance!

I live in Canada and I love my 2019 Ram. The air suspension gives you a smoother ride and I don’t have any issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread