5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures CAUGHT: 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman Sport

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman Sport (Real Fast Fotography photo)

Big thanks to @redriderbob for the photos and writing this article for us.

For the past several years, Ram has been offering the very popular and affordable “Express” trim on their Ram 1500. The Express package features the 305 horsepower 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 standard (optional 5.7-liter HEMI V8), cloth split bench seating, body color front fascia and rear bumper, body color grille, ParkSense rear backup camera and 17-inch painted aluminum wheels (20-inch chrome clad aluminum wheels are optional). The truck offered customers a pickup with sporty looks with a budget friendly price. Express models are offered with Crew, Quad and Regular Cabs for the 2018 model year.

Enter the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, the completely new offering from Ram Trucks and yet the Express trim level is absent from the 2019 model lineup. Well no worries, potential buyers. Ram has changed around the packaging formula for the 2019 model year, but you can still get an “Express-like” Ram 1500 on the new body style. Ram Trucks has yet to officially introduce the package, but its the Tradesman Sport.

Our friends at Real Fast Fotography, happened to catch the Tradesman Sport early this year on a holding lot. However, they happened to see the same exact truck back out on the road this time, doing some final testing. This exact truck is powered by the 5.7-liter HEMI V8. A new styled 20-inch wheels also adorns this truck. It looks to also be equipped with the Tradesman Level 1 Equipment Group. The Level 1 Equipment Group Includes the following…
  • Carpet Floor Covering
  • Front and Rear Floor Mats
  • Power Rear Sliding Window

2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman Sport (Real Fast Fotography photo)
Don’t expect the Tradesman Sport to offer the 8.4-inch or 12.1-inch UConnect systems, as this is a budget friendly model. 5.0-inch UConnect 3 should be standard on this model. It will offer hands free-calling, as well as SiriusXM capability.

The truck itself follows the Express’ models exterior offerings with a body colored grille, front fascia and rear bumper. Since the Tradesman is not offered with LED headlamps (which are optional on the Big Horn/Lone Star models), the Tradesman Sport will carry the standard Tradesman headlamps and tail lamps. Like Express models, it looks that fog lights will also be standard on the Sport package.

<ins><ins><ins></ins></ins></ins>
We do not have an official launch date of the model, since it has yet to be introduced by Ram. But it adds another package in the wide array of custom ability into the 2019 Ram 1500 lineup.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what is up with the HUGE reverse lights on this truck. It may be worse than the HUGE reverse lights on the halogen taillights on F150s....

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
Appears to be the same truck, just different wheels. I guess Ram quietly released the Tradesman Sport since they never publicly announced it and it wasn't on the build and price. I'll have to check and see if it's on there now.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
when you first released the build and price...it was there. I checked a few weeks ago and just now...it isn't.

I posted that truck awhile ago and you said about it being the express...but it is hard to tell with the black trucks as the tradesman grille is black.

But it seems like this one has fog lights. Dodge has always been sneaky with their packages...Ram follows suit lol.

On another note I kept thinking you can't get RamBox on tradesman, but forgot it is just 6'4 you can't get yet.

Very confusing times
1f609.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah the two that you posted are tradesman black package trucks. I find it weird that they are missing from the build and price but we all know it's not 100% accurate yet.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And the Canadian build and price sucks more than the US one.
icon_lol.gif

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
And the Canadian build and price sucks more than the US one.
icon_lol.gif
Im surprised the 2019 is even on the build and price, 2018s were on lots for months before they showed up there.

ichime

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Not sure what is up with the HUGE reverse lights on this truck. It may be worse than the HUGE reverse lights on the halogen taillights on F150s....
I think it's to meet specifications for cretain countries since they're entering the global market with these trucks. They change the taillights of the 4th gens sold in Australia to something similar.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ichime said:
I think it's to meet specifications for cretain countries since they're entering the global market with these trucks. They change the taillights of the 4th gens sold in Australia to something similar.
(see attachment)

Attachments

• 2019 Ram HD (6).JPG
    2019 Ram HD (6).JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread