5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop painted bumper help.

J.J.

Reaction score
Just got my ‘19 Rebel a couple weeks ago and was curious to see if anyone has tried this. I know some people are painting the skid plate, but has anyone painted the front bumper portion above and around the skid plate?
I wanted to see if anyone that is decent with photoshop could show me what the truck might look like with the skid plate painted black, and bumper painted white to match the truck, with the trim around the edges and fog lights kept black.
here’s a random pic from google image to play around with if anyone is up for the challenge!
F7B88D61-267B-46CB-9811-A30A8D4D74C9.jpeg 73735F4A-DE73-4046-A6A7-C9ED25238043.jpeg

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
A quick job

1573702356816.png

Probably not a good look. Reminds me too much of
41aflc6W56L._SX425_.jpg

ryco25

Reaction score
Could be interesting! Pardon the sloppy edges, it was a quick job. I also used a different photo and noticed when I was done that it was a two-tone truck so thats why the bottom of the doors are covered up in white haha. rebelwhite.jpg

J.J.

Reaction score
Ryco, great job!, definitely illustrates the idea and I think it looks pretty good. You are right tho Richard, it does give it a “stormtrooper-ish” look, although not necessarily a bad thing.
Excited to see what you come up with Danielle! Also feel free to use other pics if that helps.
Gotta say, I’ve only been a member for a couple days, but I’m lovin’ this site

J.J.

Reaction score
Another thing you can experiment with maybe are the tow hooks
Certainly an option, I think I still have a can of the Mopar red that I used on my old Rubicon’s tow hooks.

J.J.

Reaction score
Interesting idea Patsy, my only qualm with it would be that there are no “hard” lines separating those square sections, it would all be up to masking skills. Plus, I imagine that part would get the most abuse, leading to chips and stuff. The front tow hooks on my Jeep were all chipped up, and they sat a bit higher. That red does look good when it’s in good shape though!

Edit: when I say hard lines I mean like between two separate pieces. Those squares are pretty well defined, you would just have to get tape in those grooves with some precision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Interesting idea Patsy, my only qualm with it would be that there are no “hard” lines separating those square sections, it would all be up to masking skills. Plus, I imagine that part would get the most abuse, leading to chips and stuff. The front tow hooks on my Jeep were all chipped up, and they sat a bit higher. That red does look good when it’s in good shape though!

Edit: when I say hard lines I mean like between two separate pieces. Those squares are pretty well defined, you would just have to get tape in those grooves with some precision.

That is true but it’s not as tough to tape as you might think. I painted my skid and the bigger pain was taping and protecting the truck from overspray since I didn’t remove it. If I were to do it again I would look closer at removing the skid plate and either having it powder coated or line-x’d for a tougher finish and because it’s easier to do when it’s off. Another option would be to remove the skid, paint it black, then add your red highlights if you choose, then wrap it with a piece of ppf for some better paint protection. Obviously you would remove the tow hooks to paint as well since those are easy, not sure how tough it would be to put ppf on them as well but worth a shot while you have them off.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Another idea would be to change the color of the RAM letters up front. You could paint or just buy some decals like I did (and they look good IMO) and choose black or red. I bought mine from rebeldecals in eBay. Just choose color you want. This way if you don’t like it or get tired of them you can return to stock. They also make decals for all the other lettering.

Rebeldecals

RJS

Reaction score
Another idea would be to change the color of the RAM letters up front. You could paint or just buy some decals like I did (and they look good IMO) and choose black or red. I bought mine from rebeldecals in eBay. Just choose color you want. This way if you don’t like it or get tired of them you can return to stock. They also make decals for all the other lettering.

Rebeldecals
Or just trade it in on a Laramie Sport, which is what it looks like now. OK, I'm ducking for cover.o_O

J.J.

Reaction score
Hey, I don’t hate the look of the Laramie Sport, but that with some of the “off-road” attitude and ability of the Rebel makes for a pretty sweet truck in my opinion

Ramfever207

Reaction score
Could be interesting! Pardon the sloppy edges, it was a quick job. I also used a different photo and noticed when I was done that it was a two-tone truck so thats why the bottom of the doors are covered up in white haha. View attachment 39866
Looks awesome was wondering if u could do that to my truck here is a picture

Attachments

• 6F379858-E875-4730-882A-645D0F6FBB67.jpeg
    6F379858-E875-4730-882A-645D0F6FBB67.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/