5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone presets vanishing

Custompainter99

Reaction score
I have an issue where i set the phone presets to frequently called numbers. after a while they all disappear. this has happened twice. is anyone else having the same issue? in order to reset it, you have to call the number, and while the caller is on the line, you long press the preset button at the top of the screen. very frustrating

Troublemaker

Reaction score
I have an issue where i set the phone presets to frequently called numbers. after a while they all disappear. this has happened twice. is anyone else having the same issue? in order to reset it, you have to call the number, and while the caller is on the line, you long press the preset button at the top of the screen. very frustrating
I have had the same issue with my truck as well. The dealer did a software update and said would fix the issue but has happened 4 more times in past 3k miles. It has done it 6-7 times total with 5500 miles on truck. FCA is terrible with there software... Just logged on to look for this very same issue..

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I have been having this issue for a year. Dealer tried a couple of updates, but no luck, so far. Went in for oil change a couple of weeks ago and had this on my list...dealer said there is a new update coming soon.

I really don't use the presets...I dial by voice, usually, so i have kind of been letting it go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

smankins

Reaction score
I have the same issue after I use Android Auto. The phone presets stay there fine until then. I quit putting them in. Does this happen with Apple Play or people who use neither?

mike0012

Reaction score
Seems like this is something FCA should be able to fix easily with an update. Anyone had any communication with a service rep on this?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I've had this since I picked up my truck, 1 year ago tomorrow...my last visit to the dealer, service guy said there is an update coming soon, but no idea when.

tyson388

Reaction score
I still have this issue, as well as my maps freezing (google maps) mid drive and it has disconnect me from android auto 3x on its own. Any one else having these issues?

smankins

Reaction score
I still have this issue, as well as my maps freezing (google maps) mid drive and it has disconnect me from android auto 3x on its own. Any one else having these issues?
I don't have an issue with the maps freezing or a disconnection from android auto but I have not been using Android Auto much lately. Mainly been local driving.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Mine seems to be super sensitive to the cord movement. It disconnects AA, but only when the phone is moved.

Derwoodjones

Reaction score
I have had this issue since day one. I believe android Auto is the culprit as I use it all the time. Every time I unplug my phone, the favorites are gone. I called Uconnect about it. They told me that the phone favorites are supposed to be added each time you get in. needless to say, I called back to talk to someone else. The (educated) other person said it is a programming issue with AA and it is out of their hands.

cw77

Reaction score
Same here with losing contact favorites. Been meaning to jump on here for a couple months to see how common it was. Also looked on Ram website for UConnect updates, but it still says there aren't any for my VIN.

Kevinch

Reaction score
I'm not trying to revive a dead thread - but I have the same problem with my 2020 Laramie with the 8.4 non-nav system. In fact, my radio was recently replaced under warranty & the replacement has the same issue. FWIW, you do not have to call the number to store it in the presets. There is another way & it is pretty simple - but as I'm not in front of the radio now I can't describe how to do it - but it's still a pain to keep putting them in. I now leave the presets empty.

Users who are viewing this thread