5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pentastar V6 2019 Ram 1500s caught testing

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

2019 Ram Rebel Pentastar (Real Fast Fotography photo)

With production nearing, Pentastar equipped models are being spotted

With the 2019 Ram 1500 V6 Pentastar production start date getting close, our friends at Real Fast Fotography have recently caught a few Pentastar equipped trucks out testing. We know these trucks are V6 models due to their different hood badges (no 5.7 Hemi script under the 1500 on the black truck or beside the 1500 model designation on the Rebel.)

2019 Ram 1500 V6 (Real Fast Fotography photo)

2019 Ram 1500 Rebel V6 (Real Fast Fotography photo)

A host of computer testing equipment is also seen through the windshield of this Rebel tester. We have been told to expect Pentastar equipped trucks to begin production in August and have seen a leaked document, listing a 27 MPG highway number. We don't know whether that number is EPA certified or would be achievable on all trucks or just the HFE model. The Pentastar continues to be rated at 305hp and 269lb ft of torque as in previous models, but all come with FCAs new eTorque system which ads start/stop functionality and up to 90lb ft of launch torque on the V6 equipped models.

2019 Ram 1500 V6 (Real Fast Fotography photo)

The 5.7 Hemi is also available with the eTorque system as an option and while 5.7 eTorque equipped trucks are now available to order, it doesn't appear as they are in production quite yet. Currently we have a few forum members waiting on eTorque equipped orders.

Stay tuned to 5thGenRams for all the latest information concerning the new trucks.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@2019REBEL, there is your truck...well close, can't see the bed well, but looks like no RamBox and not sure if you like that color, but otherwise it is a pentastar Rebel.:)

Getting closer. Can't wait to hear some solid reviews from you on your test drives of the etorque.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Is it possible the one with all the equipment is an ecodiesel? I'm sure they would have mentioned diesel noise though if that was the case

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible the one with all the equipment is an ecodiesel? I'm sure they would have mentioned diesel noise though if that was the case

Yeah I'm sure they would have mentioned the Diesel sound if either were EcoDiesels. I was told that they were both Pentastar equipped trucks.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@2019REBEL, there is your truck...well close, can't see the bed well, but looks like no RamBox and not sure if you like that color, but otherwise it is a pentastar Rebel.:)

Getting closer. Can't wait to hear some solid reviews from you on your test drives of the etorque.

Yes almost there, yes I looked at that color and liked it until I saw the Max Steel Metallic.

D

Deleted member103

Yes almost there, yes I looked at that color and liked it until I saw the Max Steel Metallic.

You see IT "In Person" or here ? If you need a "new fix", I posted a new set of MAX.STEEL from Dave Smith's of Kellogg, ID. - in the 'Off Roading in Moab' thread.
They really bring out the Deep-Sea Blueness of the color, under the Inside Lighting !

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You see IT "In Person" or here ? If you need a "new fix", I posted a new set of MAX.STEEL from Dave Smith's of Kellogg, ID. - in the 'Off Roading in Moab' thread.
They really bring out the Deep-Sea Blueness of the color, under the Inside Lighting !

They have a Max Steel at local dealer that I will go see next week. I looked at some 2018 version but they didn't pop out with the blueness, hoping the 2019 will or I may go back with my first choice of Billet Silver Metallic.;)

D

Deleted member103

They have a Max Steel at local dealer that I will go see next week. I looked at some 2018 version but they didn't pop out with the blueness, hoping the 2019 will or I may go back with my first choice of Billet Silver Metallic.;)

That is a good option for the lighter side of gray, with a hint of aquamarine ! ! ! IT's fairly common to see, so my 1st choice is/was (?) the Patriot Blue, which also reminds me of my Navy days "sailing the oceans-blue !

Users who are viewing this thread