5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peeling near CD player

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
No clue how this happened. Anyone else had this happen? Need to fix it.
8b47e3e55c75748262630cefb36516d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if that would be covered under warranty. I would check with your dealer.

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
I wonder if that would be covered under warranty. I would check with your dealer.

I definitely will. I have the extended warranty as well I just hate not knowing how it happened. You know that’s the first thing they will ask and try and find a way to not take the blame. I used to be a salesman and service writer so I know the routine. LOL

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to be a salesman and service writer so I know the routine. LOL

since you know routine, not only can you walk the walk, you’ll be able to talk the talk.

Good luck with your endeavor, keep us posted.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looks like something rectangular got super hot right there. Like a cell phone overheated while charging. Just connect the three visible lines and you can see the pattern.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like Edwards was thinking or something metal was laying there and got heated up from the sun.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah. looks like something like acetone was used to clean or got spilled on it. Wife/girlfrend doing her nails in the car?

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
What do you clean your interior with?
They way it's shrinking up like that looks like a reaction from a certain chemical.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi PriceNBTX,

We certainly understand why this would be concerning! Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer. We are always just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
What do you clean your interior with?
They way it's shrinking up like that looks like a reaction from a certain chemical.

I just use water right there but that’s why it’s throwing me off so much. Now I’m worried that the company that I take to detail it might be using a harsh chemical there

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
Nah. looks like something like acetone was used to clean or got spilled on it. Wife/girlfrend doing her nails in the car?

Fortunately my wife has stayed away from the truck but I’m going to find out from the company I take it to detail what they used

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like something rectangular got super hot right there. Like a cell phone overheated while charging. Just connect the three visible lines and you can see the pattern.
That is way to small a space for a cell phone.

Amazing93

Reaction score
I've seen this before. It happens when those liquid oil febreeze things that you clip in your air vent leak. It does that. It happened in one of my work vehicles. I dunno if you use those clip on things but the detailer may have used something similar. I'll never put one in a personal vehicle after what I saw.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've seen this before. It happens when those liquid oil febreeze things that you clip in your air vent leak. It does that. It happened in one of my work vehicles. I dunno if you use those clip on things but the detailer may have used something similar. I'll never put one in a personal vehicle after what I saw.
That oil in them will also take the finish off of any furniture too.... ive had it happen more than once

Users who are viewing this thread