5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander

Rebel20

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the pedal Commander on my Rebel ecodiesel. I've had it for a while but made myself wait until I hit 1500 miles so I could truly gauge the difference it made. As far as the install goes, it couldn't be easier. literally took me less than 3 minutes. Of course first thing I did was go straight to Sport+ +4 and floor it. Holy s***. After messing around with it, it seems like city+2 was perfect for my driving style.
I normally don't write reviews on products I buy but felt this one warranted a review. Truck feels like that all too common lag ecodiesel drivers experience has significantly decreased and the truck picks up much faster. Feels much sportier. I came from a 1500 hemi and somewhat missed the sporty characteristics and the pedal Commander made me like the ecodiesel so much more.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been on my short list..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get the Banks pedal Monster much better setup in my opinion . Like mine a lot .
I think there are a couple drawbacks to the Banks. First, you have to use your phone as a controller or buy a $300 Banks control/gauge. Second, the Banks ties up your OBDII port because it uses it for power.

HST

Reaction score
Lets see its made in america uses a 12 volt feed verses a 5 volt if something goes wrong it returns to stock
instead of a dead pedal if you do get the super gauge you can monitor dfp loading and regen plus anything else
that is on the ecu read and clear codes in English without having to look them up . I will stick with banks .

Bearman95

Reaction score
I think I will stick with the Pedal Commander, my sweet spot is city +3. I’ve never even tried sport, too much for me, LOL.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like mine at sport -2. much better response curve than city +3 or +4. You just need to train yourself that you no longer need to floor the pedal to make the truck go. It starts acting like a normal vehicle and accelerator pedal, without lag and a 50% dead zone.

Talpa

Reaction score
So I went to install mine today and as soon as I started the truck, it threw up the check engine light...what did I do wrong, I even waited the 30min prior....

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I went to install mine today and as soon as I started the truck, it threw up the check engine light...what did I do wrong, I even waited the 30min prior....
Are you 100% sure that all of your connectors are fully seated?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe so but I’ll try again tomorrow
I have personally witnessed that the connector can look "right" and not be fully seated. Replace the factory connection (no PC plugged in) and restart the truck to make sure all is clear. Then turn the truck off and open/close drivers door to reset. Open door and remove accelerator connector and attach PC ensuring that all connections are fully seated and LOCKED. Let us know how it goes :)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Start a dialogue and be sure that you are behind a stone
wall, no entire at one's desire ever know anything personal all over you, which
allows you to dismiss the shackles of decency and shyness, https://noname.fun/
In increment to the trite search after a fortuitous interlocutor,
you can also decide a themed reside where you can on someone
with whom you order have something to talk about: https://noname.fun/
What???

mrfreon

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing the Pedal Commander just for the hell of it. Is there a good place to mount or hide the controller?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing the Pedal Commander just for the hell of it. Is there a good place to mount or hide the controller?
I ran the cable down the side of the center console and then looped the controller into the side console pocket. Perfect place for it…I posted a pic a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread