5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying MSRP in Minnesota

BigD

Reaction score
Just for sh_ts & giggles I checked 3 dealerships online last night. No limiteds available. Only Big Horns & Laramie. Only about 40 trucks at each dealer. Paying MSRP or at best maybe $1,000 off. Big Horns going for $53k. Laramie over $60k. This is NUTS ! I bought my 2020 Big Horn for $40k in April 2020. Praying I don't get in a wreck & total it. I'd never be able to afford to replace it now.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just for sh_ts & giggles I checked 3 dealerships online last night. No limiteds available. Only Big Horns & Laramie. Only about 40 trucks at each dealer. Paying MSRP or at best maybe $1,000 off. Big Horns going for $53k. Laramie over $60k. This is NUTS ! I bought my 2020 Big Horn for $40k in April 2020. Praying I don't get in a wreck & total it. I'd never be able to afford to replace it now.
Heck, I was at $41.5k on a 2021 Bighorn that I just took delivery on 5/4. That's crazy.

You might not do so bad if you wreck. The insurance should pay market value, not paid value. Could be profitable, well... if you don't include the hospital bill. 🤪

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I traded my 2019 Big Horn last week and bought a 2021 Laramie from Fury in South St. Paul and paid 6K under MSRP. I have bought several vehicles from them and even though the Laramie was at another dealer I went to Fury to buy it and worked with the sales manager on a dealer trade. He knows I do the research and was u front on price and incentives. I bought my 2019 Big Horn for $39,000 (MSRP $52,350) and they gave me $42,000 on trade last week and have it listed for $45,000 on their website.

BigD

Reaction score
I traded my 2019 Big Horn last week and bought a 2021 Laramie from Fury in South St. Paul and paid 6K under MSRP. I have bought several vehicles from them and even though the Laramie was at another dealer I went to Fury to buy it and worked with the sales manager on a dealer trade. He knows I do the research and was u front on price and incentives. I bought my 2019 Big Horn for $39,000 (MSRP $52,350) and they gave me $42,000 on trade last week and have it listed for $45,000 on their website.
How much u pay for your 2021 Laramie?

Jtc411

Reaction score
Where are you looking? Dodge of Burnsville and Jeff belzers still have 5-7k off msrp

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are trucks sitting on lots waiting on chips, production will catch up and so will prices, back to 15% - 25% off MSRP, which are the standard built-in discounts on full size domestic trucks.

Trucks have great resale value, even before Covid, but even that great resale won't save you if you paid sticker or above a few years from now.

BigD

Reaction score
Where are you looking? Dodge of Burnsville and Jeff belzers still have 5-7k off msrp
Ryan in Monticello & Buffalo. Forest Lake Dodge. **** Rapids Chrysler

BigD

Reaction score
There are trucks sitting on lots waiting on chips, production will catch up and so will prices, back to 15% - 25% off MSRP, which are the standard built-in discounts on full size domestic trucks.

Trucks have great resale value, even before Covid, but even that great resale won't save you if you paid sticker or above a few years from now.
Anyone who buys a vehicle or a house right now is basically screwed. Both bubbles are going to pop by next year.

BigD

Reaction score
Where are you looking? Dodge of Burnsville and Jeff belzers still have 5-7k off M

I just went to the Burnsville Dodge website. For $41.5k u get a stripped down bare bones Big Horn quad cab with a V-6 🤣 what a joke !!!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't base anything off the website price unless you are unwilli g to negotiate at the dealer. They show high prices on the site because most folks just walk in and pay it if they show any discount. I always negotiate and have never paid even close to the 'best price' on the website.

Jtc411

Reaction score
I just went to the Burnsville Dodge website. For $41.5k u get a stripped down bare bones Big Horn quad cab with a V-6 🤣 what a joke !!!

i just paid 47k for a Laramie at Burnsvillle dodge

Users who are viewing this thread