5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger Side Vents Poor Air Flow

d19r93

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that the passenger air vents seem to have less air flow than the drivers side? I can still feel air blowing out the vent, but it's not near as strong as the driver's side. Just curious if anyone else has this or noticed it. I made sure the vents were pointed straight out, and the flow control knob set to wide-open. I also notice a louder fan noise from the passenger side area behind the dash. Is that normal?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed this lately and think it is due to my in cabin air filter needing changed again. I changed it at 7K miles and now am at 28K miles. It definitely works and traps lots of stuff you don't want to breathe.

d19r93

Reaction score
I would hope that after 2500 miles, it wouldn't be THAT dirty, but I can check it!

d19r93

Reaction score
Also helps to close vents you’re not using. So if no one is ever in the back seats, shut the vents closed. Weird, but works.

I did try that, but I have the same results. The passenger side moves considerably less air than the driver's vents. If I close the driver's vents, it just gets louder in the passenger vent area, but doesn't actually blow more air out the passenger vents.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that the passenger air vents seem to have less air flow than the drivers side? I can still feel air blowing out the vent, but it's not near as strong as the driver's side. Just curious if anyone else has this or noticed it. I made sure the vents were pointed straight out, and the flow control knob set to wide-open. I also notice a louder fan noise from the passenger side area behind the dash. Is that normal?

Hi d19r93,

I certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

cdog5

Reaction score
I had this issue but it was because I simply wasn’t aware (slow learner) the driver and passenger had their own climate zones. Once I synced them the air flow evened out.

d19r93

Reaction score
I had this issue but it was because I simply wasn’t aware (slow learner) the driver and passenger had their own climate zones. Once I synced them the air flow evened out.
I'll take a peek again, but I'm 99% sure the SYNC button was lit, indicating that the zones were synced. I could be wrong!

d19r93

Reaction score
So turns out this is a feature of the truck that "regulates" the inside temperature. There have been times that they both have equal air flow and other times the passenger side will be a wimp. A non-issue for now.

Users who are viewing this thread