5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part in glove box? Part number 68361100AC plastic cover for tailgate removal

WRH

Reaction score
This came with the truck in my glove box, but I'm not sure what it is? I'm hoping it's an adapter to add several things to my Bighorn: upgrade the downgrade on my tow mirrors (foldable/heating), and (while I'm at it): 360 camera, Adaptive Cruise, and Lane drift warning. May as well throw air suspension in there too. I just need to know where to plug it in....

Attachments

• What is this.PNG
    What is this.PNG
    995.8 KB · Views: 733

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
When I picked up my ram I noted a part in the glovebox in a bag - look like a plastic insert for somewhere and some electrical connections. On the bag is:

P68361100AC
TC11H110802728
100AC
23489S

Assembled in China

Any idea what it is?

Gearwhine

Reaction score
It has to do with adding your own trailer braking system per my dealership. If you look between the tailgate and the back of the bed, you'll see where the black plastic plate part fits.

Last edited:

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
Interesting... I'm assuming this is if you were using a different style 7 pin connector or something?

Thank you for clearing that up!

Now all I have to figure out is what type of connector they are using for the 115v outlet in the ramboxes (I'd like to disconnect the ram box connector and add a "Y" so when I want to I can run a lead right in to the box via the holes that already exist, but still have it safe / water tight). For the curious it is for an expedition freezer fridge that can run off of 110 ac or 12v DC - in my last rig I had a second battery kit and powered the winch, ham radio, and extra outlets off of it. In the Ram I'm planning on using the 110 back there, but running a low amperage charger to the second battery off it ONLY to run the fridge (which is happy to run on AC, then switch to DC if the AC power goes away).

Jordan2929

Reaction score
It does go between the tailgate and bed, but it has nothing to do with a trailer brake controller, they are just dummy plugs for when you remove the tailgate. You remove the black cover that is on the truck and put that trim piece in its place and the dummy plugs keep dirt and water out of the truck-side plugs there is also dummy connectors for the tailgate-side wiring harness.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
So when I bought my truck, this was in the glove box and myself and the salesman had no clue what this is for. I mean obviously it's a harness connection but for what??? Does anyone have some insight? 20190130_170125.jpg 20190130_170132.jpg

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Pull your tailgate off and it becomes a false plug to connect into the harness for the tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/