5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park Assist Switch 2022 1500 Laramie 12” 5C

TheLegend

Reaction score
I am looking for good part numbers on the park assist switch I found one for the top of the 12” screen but it’s very expensive ($700+). Are there any alternatives such as the lower switches with (Traction Control, Tow/Haul, Rear Sensors, Front Sensors, and the fifth switch being the Park Assist). Park Assist meaning the rear and parallel park assist system. I have the software just can’t enable it. Can anyone help with if this is even possible or part numbers would be very helpful?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, the only option is to replace the whole unit. You also need to add the extra sensors in the bumper. And you need to replace the parktronics module.

TheLegend

Reaction score
What extra sensors I thought the 4 sensors in the back and camera were all in needed for reverse park assist and do you have part numbers needed? What is the parktronins module and part number? Thanks for the help by the way.

TheLegend

Reaction score
What extra sensors I thought the 4 sensors in the back and camera were all in needed for reverse park assist and do you have part numbers needed? What is the parktronins module and part number? Thanks for the help by the way.
I already have park sense front and rear with the module. Now updated the software just need the switch. Unless there is something I’m missing I have 6 sensors on front bumper, 4 sensors on rear bumper, and back up camera. Please let me know anything else I would need.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Considering I've done this upgrade, I can tell you that you need to replace the 2 out board sensors in the front and two sensors in the rear. You will also need to replace the parktronics module too. Let me find my post on it.

vincentw56

Reaction score

And somewhere around post 303 and above that. You can find the info on what you need.

TheLegend

Reaction score
I am a newbie when it comes to this type of stuff so please be patient with me. Okay so I went through everything and I just want to make sure this is correct. Since I have the 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest with Park Sense front and rear and the 12” screen and already have the bypass up software upgrade for the parallel and perpendicular parking I need the following below to make it work properly.

1. New 12” screen with Lane Assist, Hazards, and Park Assist buttons - 1 (68526524AC)
2. Rear Fascia wiring to replace the old one with just the regular Park Sense - 1 (68360453AD)
3. Decoupler rings - 2 (68271824AA)
4. Park Assist Sensors to go on the Valance both sides - 2 (6MK25TZZAA)
5. Rear Valiance Left Outer - 1 (68404409AB)
6. Rear Valiance Right Outer - 1 (68404408AB)
7. Park Assist Sensors to replace the front bumper ones - 2 (5VY68TZZAA)
8. Parking Assist Module - 1 (68464880AE)

If this is all the right parts and everything I need my only questions would be which 2 front Sensors do I switch out? And where does the Parking Assist Module go? Does it just switch out from the same place where all the wires went to the old Park Sense Module on driver side under the panel?

In advance thank you so very much!!!!

vincentw56

Reaction score
You will also need the rear wiring harness that allows you to hook up the extra 2 sensors. The parktronics module is in the driver's side kick panel. And yes, you just replace it. If I remember right, it is the two front outer sensors.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Alright I think I got everything I just can’t find these dang rear wiring harness to hook up the extra two sensors in the back. You wouldn’t happen to have a part number or know where to go to find one? I’ve searched and searched everywhere.

vincentw56

Reaction score
68360453AD, WIRING. REAR FASCIA. [Rear Bumper Module], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry].

Sorry, I just noticed you had that in your list. I missed it. Looks like you have everything you need.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I also tried to find it, but I don't see it anywhere either. They are saying there is a shortage.

Users who are viewing this thread