5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park assist service required. (Sensors themselves confirmed good!)

jjk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I could use some help troubleshooting a park assist issue.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie (Sport Appearance Package) V8 Gas only

My rear park assist is showing service required. I have used my cell phone to record each of the 6 sensors on the bumper and found one (right of license plate) that is not emitting a clicking noise.

I swapped for a new mopar sensor and still have no clicking noise. I swapped a confirmed working sensor from an adjacent location (back right corner) into that position and the problem stayed at the original spot (no clicking from right of license plate). The newly purchased sensor also works in the adjacent location( back right corner)

Ok so, I beleive I have confirmed my sensors are good, but that there is something wrong with the system upstream from the sensor.

Question is where to go from here...
1. Bumper Wiring harness?
2. Wiring along chasis up to park assist module??
3. Park assist module itself?

I'm leaning toward the bumper wiring harness, but I am unsure how to verify it. I know my way around a multimeter, but not sure which pins are supposed to be for this specific sensor and or what to look for in the wiring.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jason

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look at the plug for the faulty sensor location and look at the colors of the wires. one is ground. test all two wires to ground with the multi meter. the one that does not shows continuity is the signal wire. Unplug the bumper harness, open the cover and look for the wire color from the plug one the sensor and messure continuity.

jjk

Reaction score
MannyN - Thanks for the walkthrough. I haven't climbed underneath yet to start probing wires, but did find these for anyone wondering about the pinouts and wiring colors for the rear bumper harness. k50a7sc.jpg LTaBmKr.jpg

St-na

Reaction score
My park assist stop working after 2 years, since I added this function, used it few times only. I have no any faults shown, but truck is searching for the parking spot, without positive result, it just keep going. Tested several times with the same result.

cewalker2

Reaction score
My 2022 Rebel had a wire broke. It is close to the plug up and behind drivers rear tire. I guess a stray rock made a direct hit. Spliced the wire and all is good now.

Splat10

Reaction score
old post but i think there is a harness routing problem on the main harness by the bumper connector. it's just cloth tape and rubbing on the frame rail. mine was worn through to the point when i got the tape off and gave the wire the slightest tug it broke (yellow/wht wire). spliced the wire and gave it a few cycles (it didn't immediately clear the service park assist) and it's working good again.

Attachments

• PXL_20240303_195929406.jpg
    PXL_20240303_195929406.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread