5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora Stations: How-to Guide

gmab

Reaction score
As part of the recently released OTA update, Pandora-powered SiriusXM stations are now available. Unfortunately release notes are rather lacking and I wasn’t even aware of this nifty feature until I accidentally discovered it. While I really like the Pandora feature, I also think the implementation is rather unfortunate. I thought I would post a guide on how to use it based on my own experience. If other features are discovered let me know and I’ll update this post.

Here are the specs for my system and your experience may differ based on your specs.
Screen: 12”
Hardware part number: CNSC29NFGL
Software version: 19.49.13
SiriusXM: Active trial

Note, this is NOT referring the Pandora Now SiriusXM Channel 3. Rather you can create custom Pandora stations similar to your phone, computer, etc.

CREATING Pandora Stations
There are two ways to create a Pandora Station.
  • While listening to a station, in this example ‘Yes” on Classic Rewind, press Related button and on the next screen it will offer a Pandora Station based on the band “Yes”.
  • InkedYes_LI.jpg InkedYes Pandora Station_LI.jpg
  • Let’s say you want to create a station based on an artist that isn’t currently playing. Select the Search button. Use the microphone to say an Artist name such as “Eagles”. A Pandora offering will appear.
  • InkedSearch.jpg InkedIMG_7435_LI.jpg
SAVE Pandora Station for easy recall
  • Add your new station to either the top ribbon or your favorites. (Note, Pandora Stations don't have a channel #)
  • InkedIMG_7441_LI.jpg InkedIMG_7437_LI.jpg

VIEW ALL and/or DELETE Pandora Stations
  • Select the Pandora Menu button. Scroll and select Artist Radio under Listener Items box. In the picture below I have 4 stations of which 3 are saved to favorites. Long press a button to delete it.
  • InkedIMG_7441_LI2.jpg InkedIMG_7439_LI.jpg IMG_7440.JPG

Last edited:

Apexcars

Reaction score
My Pandora always wants to create a station that isn't based on the artist I am listening to. I thought it was because I was listening to a buffered song and it was using the artist on the upcoming song but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

RammyShand

Reaction score
As part of the recently released OTA update, Pandora-powered SiriusXM stations are now available. Unfortunately release notes are rather lacking and I wasn’t even aware of this nifty feature until I accidentally discovered it. While I really like the Pandora feature, I also think the implementation is rather unfortunate. I thought I would post a guide on how to use it based on my own experience. If other features are discovered let me know and I’ll update this post.

Here are the specs for my system and your experience may differ based on your specs.
Screen: 12”
Hardware part number: CNSC29NFGL
Software version: 19.49.13
SiriusXM: Active trial

Note, this is NOT referring the Pandora Now SiriusXM Channel 3. Rather you can create custom Pandora stations similar to your phone, computer, etc.

CREATING Pandora Stations
There are two ways to create a Pandora Station.
  • While listening to a station, in this example ‘Yes” on Classic Rewind, press Related button and on the next screen it will offer a Pandora Station based on the band “Yes”.
  • View attachment 48605 View attachment 48606
  • Let’s say you want to create a station based on an artist that isn’t currently playing. Select the Search button. Use the microphone to say an Artist name such as “Eagles”. A Pandora offering will appear.
  • View attachment 48608 View attachment 48609
SAVE Pandora Station for easy recall

VIEW ALL and/or DELETE Pandora Stations
Excellent post and how-to guide!!!!!

RJS

Reaction score
Thank you, that helps a bunch.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I have tried to creat a pandora station using the method in your first 2 pictures, but when I select "create" it just tells me it cannot create the station. Any ideas?

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I have tried to creat a pandora station using the method in your first 2 pictures, but when I select "create" it just tells me it cannot create the station. Any ideas?
This is what I get every time I try to create a pandora station. 20200317_142608.jpg

gmab

Reaction score
This is what I get every time I try to create a pandora station. View attachment 49789
Sorry I don't know as I haven't seen this before. The only thing that comes to mind is your cellular (AT&T) coverage? Bars on the main page should give you an idea on coverage. Edit: this probably isn't it as it created station options for you.

Edit: Thought it might be related to artist. I just went out to the truck and created a Motley Crue station with no issues. So that isn't it.....

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know as I haven't seen this before. The only thing that comes to mind is your cellular (AT&T) coverage? Bars on the main page should give you an idea on coverage. Edit: this probably isn't it as it created station options for you.

Edit: Thought it might be related to artist. I just went out to the truck and created a Motley Crue station with no issues. So that isn't it.....
Thanks for trying. I'll have to call Uconnect and see if they have a fix.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Wonder if they'll roll out anything similar for the 8.4"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MotorheadTroy

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I received the latest software update a couple of weeks ago (19.49.13) and when I click on a Pandora artist station it gives me the "Unable to create artist radio channel" message, as well. I've contacted SiriusXM and Uconnect a few different times now and they'll either tell me it isn't possible (only through CarPlay) or I need to have a 2020 model in order to have that feature. This is very frustrating because I'm an active Sirius subscriber and Pandora stations are mostly what I listen to. I've tried sending satellite radio refresh signals. Anyone have any success, yet?

gmab

Reaction score
....and they'll either tell me it isn't possible (only through CarPlay) or I need to have a 2020 model in order to have that feature....
Clearly this isn't the case.
For those with this problem I wish I had an answer. I'm willing to help troubleshoot or try things on my rig if it helps.

fridge

Reaction score
I have a 2019 and this worked for me. Thanks for the write up.

MotorheadTroy

Reaction score
SOLUTION: I finally managed to get in touch with someone at SiriusXM who knew what I was talking about! I had an existing 360L user profile, but they had me create a new one and it started working immediately after switching over to that new profile. If I switched back to my old one it wouldn’t work, so I ended up deleting the old profile and saving new favorites/presets. Hope this works for those that are having the same issue because it’s an awesome feature!

Attachments

• F7B83DE2-FD0A-4A22-95D8-492EB42A3916.jpeg
    F7B83DE2-FD0A-4A22-95D8-492EB42A3916.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 5B8B3AB8-E0B9-442F-9E2A-D7D8B14AEFCB.jpeg
    5B8B3AB8-E0B9-442F-9E2A-D7D8B14AEFCB.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 119

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SOLUTION: I finally managed to get in touch with someone at SiriusXM who knew what I was talking about! I had an existing 360L user profile, but they had me create a new one and it started working immediately after switching over to that new profile. If I switched back to my old one it wouldn’t work, so I ended up deleting the old profile and saving new favorites/presets. Hope this works for those that are having the same issue because it’s an awesome feature!
That's helpful, I will have to try this today.

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Pandora on my just updated system (N0GL) is working great, (thanks for the instructions!).

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I just created a new profile and everything works. Thank you for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread