5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painted my 22 inch longhorn wheels

Kaydee

Reaction score
I decided that the stock 22in wheels were a little busy looking so decided I would paint them in a metallic titanium color and I think it will look really good I get them on the truck.
That wheel has lots going on in its design and thought one color would look better on it 20180916_081328.jpg

Attachments

• 20180916_081349.jpg
    20180916_081349.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 239

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, I am intrigued! While I don’t necessary hate the shape of my wheels, I really wish they were gloss black. You’ve set me on a new path. Thanks.

Kaydee

Reaction score
Hmm, I am intrigued! While I don’t necessary hate the shape of my wheels, I really wish they were gloss black. You’ve set me on a new path. Thanks.
I was going to do gloss black but against the white it would have been a lot of black so I decided to add some metallic and a bit of white two tone it down. But black is always nice

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided that the stock 22in wheels were a little busy looking so decided I would paint them in a metallic titanium color and I think it will look really good I get them on the truck.
That wheel has lots going on in its design and thought one color would look better on it View attachment 4788

Now that looks awesome!

Also noticed you have a fetish for getting your feet in every photo...

Kaydee

Reaction score
Now that looks awesome!

Also noticed you have a fetish for getting your feet in every photo...
oh my God I always do these in the morning before I get fully dressed I guess that is funny. I promise no more bare feet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. Please follow up with pictures on the truck.

Kaydee

Reaction score
I want to go flat black on mine, just debating paint or powder coat? What's everyone's opinion, is one better than the other and is there a big cost difference?
well I painted these myself so all the labour sanding and painting was me but in canada that would cost about 350 per wheel .powder coating probably quite a bit less

gatorhwk

Reaction score
Similar tastes ... agree the stock looked busy and love the new color.

sgk

Reaction score
I will take pics once mounted ... they are for my snow tires
If those are winter rims I'm more interested to see what you have on for your summers. Unless you shared it already and I missed it.

Kaydee

Reaction score
If those are winter rims I'm more interested to see what you have on for your summers. Unless you shared it already and I missed it.
I bought the stock 22 black /machined stock sport wheels from blk ram on this forum

Bigzoe12

Reaction score
I want to go flat black on mine, just debating paint or powder coat? What's everyone's opinion, is one better than the other and is there a big cost difference?
Interested to know as well. I am scheduled to get my 20in chrome wheels powder coated semi gloss black.

macallien

Reaction score
That wheel has lots going on in its design and thought one color would look better on it View attachment 4788
Can you share a pic of your truck with these wheels?

amazing210

Reaction score
Any link to the lug nuts used on this truck? looking for black ones myself?

amazing210

Reaction score
awesome any close up pics of the rims? I am getting this done as we speak

Users who are viewing this thread