5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint issue with 2022 Ram 1500

Itsslow98

Reaction score
So it was located while having the car professionally ceramic coated amd now I can't unsee it. 2022 Ram Backcountry with 400 miles. It appears that however they paint the two tone a spot of silver made its way on the lower black portion and was sealed under the Clear coat. So my question is what the heck should I do? Unfortunately it's literally at the driver's door so I stare at it everytime I walk up on the truck. I'm not sure I wanna open a can of worms having paintwork done. Any recommendations? 20211217_160911.jpg 20220102_193158.jpg

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I would put some black touchup paint on it. Won't look any less ugly but it will be less eye-catching, and make it a lot easier to put out of your mind.

HAL9001

Reaction score
Almost every production car has a minor paint flaw, my 2021 RAM 1500 had several. The dealer offered to repaint the affected panels, but I decided that was not worth the risk for such minor imperfections.

After a year of ownership, I know I made the right decision, I never even notice any of them now so it doesn't even matter.

Give it some time, after a while, you won't even think about it anymore. Nothing is perfect.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just drive and enjoy your new truck. It's not worth disturbing the factory paint to try and fix that blemish. I get it, it's a brand new truck. And it should be perfect. But you'll probably forget all about it after your first door ding or major rock chip. That's how it's been for me on every new vehicle I've ever bought.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Yea I've decided to just leave it alone. Guess the quality control was lacking. It spent a few days in inspection status and I wonder if paint reasons weren't why.
They probably had it in inspection longer to try to find a way to fix it but decided it was a) too much work or b) unable to be fixed without a full respray

Users who are viewing this thread