5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P206d after filling def at truck stop

rtpassini

Reaction score
First time adding def. 3900 miles. (Dealer filled when bought) it was down to 1/4 on the gauge. As I was filling with diesel I figured I'd add def. I heard truck stops are the best option because it rotates out. After 15 miles and two key cycles of the the same day, check engine light on. I scanned it with alfaobd and that's the code.

After filling, it took about 20 minutes for the gauge to actually move up to full as well which I thought was strange. Obviously I will bring it in, but any thoughts?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The image below shows potential causes, and it sounds to me like the def was contaminated. I would figure out a way to dump that def out and fill it with boxed stuff from Walmart or something. If you can’t drain it, get it into the dealer before your truck has problems from DPF being clogged.

1C3D7501-32C9-4CEC-BF65-48876E516D78.jpeg

rtpassini

Reaction score
If anyone is curious or has similar problems, it appears it was over full. I didn't top the tank off. I stopped when it clicked.

When I went to siphon fluid out, (removed disconnect under truck to tank) as soon as I put the hose in the tank, def sprayed everywhere. I removed maybe half a gallon and it's been going just fine with no check engine light.

Users who are viewing this thread