5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P0336 Crank Position Sensor Code

tjcart

Reaction score
2021 Eco with 123000km. Is this stupid tone ring and sensor in the same place as the gen 2 motors?

Pulled away from a stoplight and the truck went into limp mode. I was able to get it home and pull codes. P0336 was the only thing stored. However the cluster also displayed "Service Electronic Stablity Control" and "Service Electronic Throttle Control"

It will long crank, start and idle. It will not accept anything more than about an 1/8th throttle.

Truck is 23K out of warranty. It has been absolutely flawless up until today.

• Sad
Reactions: c3k
Tone ring; $68
Sensor; $232
Canadian.

Going to have a local garage do the labor. At least the truck is sort of driveable.

This is the offending part if you were wondering. 10 hours of labor to change it out.

Last edited:
10 hours? Gah. That's a pita. Glad you got it sorted.

All running okay now?

10 hours? Gah. That's a pita. Glad you got it sorted.

All running okay now?
It's running perfect. I was a little concerned that the DPF might get fouled while it was running in limp mode, as It was very obvious that the injector timing was way off.

But ya, I'm not looking forward to doing this again in another ~100K.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back