5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Hits And Misses For 2018

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
RM019_344FNl1bsa21q4unko5gbn7k4igfodf.jpg

This story will be going live on the front page tomorrow but I thought I would post it here first. Thanks to our moderators for taking part!

2018 was a big year for Ram Trucks. From the introduction and roll out of the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, winning multiple awards, and having some of their best sales months ever, the folks at the Ram Brand have been busy.

Us here at 5thGenRams have been busy too, bringing you all the latest news and information, breaking insider information, bringing you reviewson different trim levels and hosting a fast-growing, friendly and knowledgeable forum. Now with 2018 behind us and another year ahead, we thought what better way than to look back on 2018 and go over what we liked and what we want to see improved in regards to the 2019 Ram 1500. We asked our forum moderators these questions:

1) Your favorite 2019 Ram 1500 trim level and why?
2) Best features/options/what you like the best about the 2019 Ram 1500s?
3) Areas that you feel could be improved upon and…
4) Your favorite news story that we ran this year.

Here are their responses, all opinions are their own.

2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman (Brian Williams/Spiedbilde)

Forum Moderator @devildodge who is waiting for the 2019 Ram HDs had this to say:

Favorite trim level? Rebel. A customized factory truck with enough offroad goodies to make it worth buying. Like the custom interior and completely unique grille. Offroad tires and unique wheels round it out.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? eLocker, RamBox, the grille for each trim, sport hood, dual exhaust, larger crew cab, surround view

What areas do you think could be improved upon? The tow mirror debacle (both heat and surround view), build and price errors, customer service at many dealerships, quality control, hood badges

What is your favorite article from the past year? Looking back at our predictions for the 2019 Ram 1500

202Snowmans 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Forum Moderator @202snowman owns a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and had this to say:

Favorite trim level? Limited (yes I’m biased lol). I think they knock it out of the park with the interior and available options. I’m always complimented as soon as someone looks inside.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? 12-inch display – adds another level of sophistication to the truck, 360-degree camera – always thought it was a gimmick but now I love the ease of sliding into a parking spot and knowing I’m not that jerk that parked over the lines. Panoramic roof – looks great, Rear seating – everyone is amazed by the amount of room.

What areas do you think could be improved upon? Engine – even though the Hemi refresh isn’t due for a couple of years still, I think they could have done something to bump horsepower or torque in the non e-torque models. Program launch – not smooth at all and definitely felt rushed to beat GM to the punch. As a result lots of stupid quality issues and lack of availability of / delays in options (forced me to give up on the truck I custom ordered) Communication from FCA / Ramcares – it’s clear that most answers given to people on Ram chat/ 800 numbers were scripted answers and many time contradictory. Also when the state that they will follow up with you, they had better follow through ( I have at least five instances where they didn’t), or they will lose customers no matter what product they put out there.

What is your favorite article from the past year? We have more details on the Rebel TR and TRX

Edrclarks 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Forum moderator @edrclark also owns a Delmonico red 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and these are his thoughts:

Favorite trim level? Limited, luxury sedan that can tow a trailer.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? Everything snowman said and add Ramboxes.

What areas do you think could be improved upon? Lack of communication, from Rambox issues to vehicle tracking, FCA is alienating customers by not being open and honest. Also, as much as corporate pushes the Rambox, dealers don’t. There are virtually no Mopar or aftermarket accessories for Rambox trucks.

What is your favorite article from the past year? No particular one, but it was great watching 5thGenRams get quoted by everyone else:ROFLMAO:.

My 2016 Ram 1500 Sport

As for myself I am still driving my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport but am getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2019 Ram 1500, here are my thoughts:

Favorite trim level? That’s a tough one. Being in Canada, I’m lucky and have the option of the 2019 Ram 1500 Sport which appearance wise I like the best out of all the trims. As far as interior features/materials/quality though I have to give it to the Longhorn and Limited which are both very impressive trucks.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? The interior (especially in the higher trims) is a knockout. Every truck I have driven had impeccable fit and finish, and was quiet as a tomb. The 12-inch screen is a showstopper, and the ride quality is out of this world. The exterior design is aggressive and clean while maintaining a mature look.

What areas do you think could be improved upon? I would have liked to see the 5.7 Hemi get a power bump. While the Hemi is a great engine, feels strong in the 5th Gen trucks and holds its own, it would have been nice to see something to go up against the 6.2 GMs and 3.5 Ecoboost Fords. We know new powertrains are coming such as the GME-T6 inline six turbo and I look forward to seeing what they get out of it power wise. I would also like to see something like the 2018 Limited Tungsten edition make a return. A limited with body color bumpers, sport hood, headlights and taillights with black accents like the Canadian sport and black badging would be my perfect truck.

What is your favorite article from the past year? We drive the V6 eTorque and Hemi eTorque in Lexington, it was an honor being invited out to Lexington, Kentucky to the Ram e-Torque media drive and shows just how far the website has come in such a short amount of time.

Manapua

Reaction score
RM019_344FNl1bsa21q4unko5gbn7k4igfodf.jpg

This story will be going live on the front page tomorrow but I thought I would post it here first. Thanks to our moderators for taking part!

2018 was a big year for Ram Trucks. From the introduction and roll out of the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, winning multiple awards, and having some of their best sales months ever, the folks at the Ram Brand have been busy.

Us here at 5thGenRams have been busy too, bringing you all the latest news and information, breaking insider information, bringing you reviewson different trim levels and hosting a fast-growing, friendly and knowledgeable forum. Now with 2018 behind us and another year ahead, we thought what better way than to look back on 2018 and go over what we liked and what we want to see improved in regards to the 2019 Ram 1500. We asked our forum moderators these questions:

1) Your favorite 2019 Ram 1500 trim level and why?
2) Best features/options/what you like the best about the 2019 Ram 1500s?
3) Areas that you feel could be improved upon and…
4) Your favorite news story that we ran this year.

Here are their responses, all opinions are their own.

2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman (Brian Williams/Spiedbilde)

Forum Moderator @devildodge who is waiting for the 2019 Ram HDs had this to say:

Favorite trim level? Rebel. A customized factory truck with enough offroad goodies to make it worth buying. Like the custom interior and completely unique grille. Offroad tires and unique wheels round it out.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? eLocker, RamBox, the grille for each trim, sport hood, dual exhaust, larger crew cab, surround view

What areas do you think could be improved upon? The tow mirror debacle (both heat and surround view), build and price errors, customer service at many dealerships, quality control, hood badges

What is your favorite article from the past year? Looking back at our predictions for the 2019 Ram 1500

202Snowmans 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Forum Moderator @202snowman owns a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and had this to say:

Favorite trim level? Limited (yes I’m biased lol). I think they knock it out of the park with the interior and available options. I’m always complimented as soon as someone looks inside.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? 12-inch display – adds another level of sophistication to the truck, 360-degree camera – always thought it was a gimmick but now I love the ease of sliding into a parking spot and knowing I’m not that jerk that parked over the lines. Panoramic roof – looks great, Rear seating – everyone is amazed by the amount of room.

What areas do you think could be improved upon? Engine – even though the Hemi refresh isn’t due for a couple of years still, I think they could have done something to bump horsepower or torque in the non e-torque models. Program launch – not smooth at all and definitely felt rushed to beat GM to the punch. As a result lots of stupid quality issues and lack of availability of / delays in options (forced me to give up on the truck I custom ordered) Communication from FCA / Ramcares – it’s clear that most answers given to people on Ram chat/ 800 numbers were scripted answers and many time contradictory. Also when the state that they will follow up with you, they had better follow through ( I have at least five instances where they didn’t), or they will lose customers no matter what product they put out there.

What is your favorite article from the past year? We have more details on the Rebel TR and TRX

Edrclarks 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Forum moderator @edrclark also owns a Delmonico red 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and these are his thoughts:

Favorite trim level? Limited, luxury sedan that can tow a trailer.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? Everything snowman said and add Ramboxes.

What areas do you think could be improved upon? Lack of communication, from Rambox issues to vehicle tracking, FCA is alienating customers by not being open and honest. Also, as much as corporate pushes the Rambox, dealers don’t. There are virtually no Mopar or aftermarket accessories for Rambox trucks.

What is your favorite article from the past year? No particular one, but it was great watching 5thGenRams get quoted by everyone else:ROFLMAO:.

My 2016 Ram 1500 Sport

As for myself I am still driving my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport but am getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2019 Ram 1500, here are my thoughts:

Favorite trim level? That’s a tough one. Being in Canada, I’m lucky and have the option of the 2019 Ram 1500 Sport which appearance wise I like the best out of all the trims. As far as interior features/materials/quality though I have to give it to the Longhorn and Limited which are both very impressive trucks.

What do you like best about the 2019 1500? The interior (especially in the higher trims) is a knockout. Every truck I have driven had impeccable fit and finish, and was quiet as a tomb. The 12-inch screen is a showstopper, and the ride quality is out of this world. The exterior design is aggressive and clean while maintaining a mature look.

What areas do you think could be improved upon? I would have liked to see the 5.7 Hemi get a power bump. While the Hemi is a great engine, feels strong in the 5th Gen trucks and holds its own, it would have been nice to see something to go up against the 6.2 GMs and 3.5 Ecoboost Fords. We know new powertrains are coming such as the GME-T6 inline six turbo and I look forward to seeing what they get out of it power wise. I would also like to see something like the 2018 Limited Tungsten edition make a return. A limited with body color bumpers, sport hood, headlights and taillights with black accents like the Canadian sport and black badging would be my perfect truck.

What is your favorite article from the past year? We drive the V6 eTorque and Hemi eTorque in Lexington, it was an honor being invited out to Lexington, Kentucky to the Ram e-Torque media drive and shows just how far the website has come in such a short amount of time.
Jared, your perfect truck is exactly what I want as well.

Users who are viewing this thread