5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP Front Springs

RN12

Reaction score
I have a non-orp truck on steel suspension and stock ride height and wanted to raise the front end about 1” so I could keep a slight rake. From what I understand, adding the ORP front springs would accomplish this. Does anyone know if this would not work for any reason or know of any problems that may arise by doing this? Thank you guys in advance!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shouldn’t require anything other than a strut compressor and alignment afterwords for a 1” front lift with either the orp springs or a strut spacer. It’s not until your 2.5” or more with the non orp trucks that you require upper control arms to take some stress off the ball joint.

You may also want to adjust your headlights after so your not blinding oncoming traffic.

I will be installing bilstein 5100 leveling struts on my truck after the holidays and my plan for the headlights is to mark the stock height on a wall before the install and bring them down to match after.

RN12

Reaction score
Shouldn’t require anything other than a strut compressor and alignment afterwords for a 1” front lift with either the orp springs or a strut spacer. It’s not until your 2.5” or more with the non orp trucks that you require upper control arms to take some stress off the ball joint.

You may also want to adjust your headlights after so your not blinding oncoming traffic.

I will be installing bilstein 5100 leveling struts on my truck after the holidays and my plan for the headlights is to mark the stock height on a wall before the install and bring them down to match after.
Thanks man!!

Barty88

Reaction score

Let me know how the Bilstein kit install goes. I preordered them, got the kit and my old timer mechanic couldnt figure out that youre supposed to use some old parts when you put the new springs in and was a little worried the new springs were too long so he took it apart, put it all back together as it was and charged me hourly to do nothing. He also said there was an extra set of shocks in there so he was all confused.

Users who are viewing this thread